Happy 666 Day!

Heralded perhaps by the new Flavor Flavian dynasty? :smiley:

Ok, that’s a reach. I got nothing.

06/06/06 06:06:06

I was awake just after 6AM, when suddenly my computer blinked and the room lights flickered, and the trees and dawn sky outside the windows seemed for an instant to invert in colour, green to red, white to black. In that instant, the universe seemed to echo with the screams of the damned, but then everything was normal again. It was as if the universe had been shunted onto another track.

There were not any screams or crashes or sirens outside. People were getting up and going to work as usual. Some asshole had scrawled graffiti on the big stainless-steel recycle bin by the bus stop, but that was just the continuation of a trend of the last few months.

Am I just not getting enough sleep again?

Here’s the email I sent out this morning:

The world as we know it ends. At least that’s what these guys think

But wait! There was the 11 day jump the Gregorian calendar so today’s date may not be the actual date all this was based on.

And there is that translation bit no one wants to talk about

So maybe everyone in Grand Ripids , Michigan is evil?

wanders in

Hey, guys, anybody seen Adam? Crowley and Aziraphale are kind of freaking out here…

:cool: You win Kythereia! :smiley: :smiley:

So…It’s 2:10 pst here and still no end of world things happening, Does this mean i need to pay my bills for june-july??? :wink:

My mom, who has been driving for 64 years without a ticket or accident, had a minor fender bender today.

When she called, I told it was the Beasts fault.

She’s fine. The car is a little crumpled and she is more mad than anything else about getting a ticket.

Well, I got dumped this morning by a woman I had been dating for the past three months. Plus I had to leave work early because I caught a bug from my son this past weekend. Projectile vomiting and diarrhea all over the place.

Stupid Beast.

New York Times article about 666 Day.

So… if the Number of the Beast is actually 616, does that mean my grandfather, whose birthday was June 16, was evil?

We win *Kythereia? Do we get to fight over her? :smiley:

We survived!

Yay!

:smiley:

You are the Granddaughter of the Beast!
Very cool!

Actually the only year of 666 was long past, This year is 6/6/2006. There was also a so called 666 year in the year 1006.
Other time zones have a date that predates us (and some our next day)
.nothing happened 666 is just a number.a superstition like the number 13. here will never be another 666 year so why all the hoopla?

Monavis

Yeah. I suppose it’s a Good Thing we all lived. That said, I must admit I think The Tribulations would have been a Hell ::snrk:: of a show, and pulling up a lawnchair for that wouldn’t have been a bad thing, necessarily…

It kinda makes me wonder how folks put up with the nonsense in the Year 666. I mean listening to idiots for a day was diverting, but . . .