Happy Darwin Day!

From this site:

Darwin Day is February 12th, the date of birth of Charles Darwin in the year 1809, at Shrewsbury, England. On this date, and throughout the month, people from all over the world are honoring the life, work and influence of Charles Darwin with events and activities which celebrate humanity and the science in our lives.

Find a special way to share the joys of evolution with those around you!

NB: the special way to share the joys of evolution with those around you should not include an appearance as a finalist in this year’s Darwin Awards.

February 12, 1809, is also the birth date of Abraham Lincoln. Darwin and Lincoln are probably the most famous of the celebrities born on the same date couples.
Maybe I’ll play a nice round of Creatures to commemmorate the day, I don’t know.

Huh. I clicked the link to the Darwin site, and within seconds a big Jesus Fish gif appeared on my screen, went into my browser cache, and ate the cookie.

It was considerate enough to make a backup copy first because, you know, Jesus Saves.

:stuck_out_tongue:

And a happy Darwin day to you as well!
It was yesterday here in Australia, but have a great day nonetheless.

gotta get himself one of those Darwin fish

Whhhoooooo! Go, evolution!!

(chanting) DarWIN, DarWIN, DarWIN, DarWIN…
A very happy birthday to Darwin and Lincoln; 193 years young today!

Booo!!! I say!! BOOOO!!!

I’m not going to celebrate Darwin day.
I’m going to wait for Wallace day…

:smiley:

Nope, 194. Happy Lincoln’s Birthday! Whoo-HOOOO!

Wow. I had no idea today was Darwin Day, and just this morning I pulled my copy of Daniel Dennett’s Darwin’s Dangerous Idea down off the shelf for a reread. How spooky is that?

Nah, the Olsen twins got 'em beat.

darwiN
darwIN
darWIN
daRWIN
dARWIN
DARWIN!

W00t! Happy D-Day to all!

Well, Darwin Day is now yesterday here, but I wanted to mention that that same day also flodjunior’s birthday. He turned nine this year.

And totnak will turn three on Galileo’s birthday - February 15.

I think this is a cool coincidence and remind them of their auspicious birthdays often :smiley:

What a bunch of geeks!

I love ya guys!