Happy Easter, Everybody!!!

It’s Easter here first in New Zealand so we get to sleep in and eat chocolate a whole day early! Happy Easter, everybody! Wishing you all hugs, chocolate eggs and fluffy rabbits. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: {I can’t do chocolate egg smileys so just pretend they’re wrapped in gold foil}

Hugs,
Oodle

Chiming in from the Australian East Coast, next on the Easter timeline.

Enjoy your chocolate, Dopers!

No chocolate here in Chez Wolf – but I did enjoy a nice ice cream while listening to good jazz in our Domain park this afternoon. :slight_smile:

And I sang at mass this morning, fronting up after last night’s three and a half hour vigil. I think I earned my chocolate eggs.

Ah, so today is Easter, is it? The wife and I happened to be stateside one Easter, and we brought back a bunch of Easter candy to show her family what it looked like. It went over well, except for the peeps, those little marshmallow chickens. One aunt in particular thought they looked evil. No one would touch those.

She’s right, of course. A very discerning family, indeed!

I hope you gave them candy-coated malted-milk eggs & Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs and spiced jelly beans, the Holy Trinity of Easter Candy.

We had a White Easter. There was about three inches of snow on the ground first thing, but most of it has melted now.

Happy Easter

The Eggs have been found, the baskets raided and we are watching “The Wizard of Oz”. (Somewhere along the way this became an Easter Tradition in the US in the 70s and 80s. I know TCM showed it Friday and Saturday. We are watching from DVD.

We will be off to my sister’s for Easter dinner.

I hope everyone is enjoying Easter in their own way.

Jim

Yes, peeps are evil! Spread the word to all of your friends, family and acquaintances! Don’t eat peeps!
More for ME!!!

Heh. Thanks to a mailing list I’m on, I just learned that New Zealanders don’t have Peeps.

Happy Easter anyways!

As with snakes, we stop 'em at the border due to the evil. :wink:

Easter is lots of fun as a secular holiday. This is for those of us who celebrate Easter in its Christian sense.
Glurge for some, I guess, but mine own. :slight_smile:

HAPPY EASTER!!!
I hope everybody has/had/is having a great day.

Cuncator Vigil and Mass? I feel like such a heathen. I only did Vigil. The Episcopal version, that is. In my defense I did come home and cook a big feast for people to indulge in.

Late to the party but here is a wish that all who celebrated a holiday this weekend had a safe and happy one.

Plus Tenebrae on the Wednesday night, the Maundy Thursday mass and procession and Stations of the Cross and the Passion service on Good Friday. Holy Week is the church choir’s busiest time of the liturgical year.

We only managed 11 a.m. Mass this year, due to the baby. Maybe next year we’ll make it back to Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. Probably not Vigil for a few years.

Happy day after Easter!

This was the earliest Easter in 95 years, and as this *Daily Mail * article here shows, it’s created havoc among families in England in planning their family holidays. (The headline says in 90 years, but 1913 was 95 years ago.)

The article also points out that the earliest Easter can occur is March 22. The last time that happened was in 1818, and the next time will be in 2285.