Happy Fucking New Year , Ya Bunch Of Turds. Let's hear your gripe for 2016.

C’mon, place your 2016 gripe here.

Please stop putting Donald Trump’s angry, stupid face in my newsfeed. Yes, I’m sure he said something remarkably stupid, hateful, sexist, racist etc.

Surely it’s not news any more. And his hideous facial expressions are upsetting everyone’s digestion.

If you simply must, find a better photo. I beg of you. Have a little mercy. Why is that too much to ask?

That’s all i want for 2016 too.

Truly it will be a wonderful day when President TRUMP wages his Northern Campaign for the liberation of our Canadian brethren and he will graciously permit the likeness of our Most Brilliant, Brave President to be put up on every streetcorner and schoolhouse in even such unworthy a shithole as London, Ontario. It will be even more glorious when he orders the deportation to Trump Reeducational Vocational Resorts of reactionary monarchists like you and puts you to useful labour for the first time in your life by building the great Mexican-U.S. border wall.

Erfworld didn’t update at midnight EST. Still hasn’t, as of the time of this post.

I think **elbows **summed it up perfectly. But even if Trump was abducted by aliens this very afternoon, we’ve still got just over 10 months of campaigning this year. And THEN they’ll start speculating on 2020… please, make it stop!!

Dude, calm down. I worry about you’re blood pressure. We’re just having a little fun here. Give it rest already.

(Leave your anger over my position on the Thai monarchy in the other thread where it belongs, okay!)

My sister is getting married next weekend (the second for both the bride and groom). I won’t be able to make it due to a combination of finances and lack of vacation time, but my other sister, niece, and mom will be in attendance. Other sister refused bride-sister’s request to do a reading at the wedding (because other sister ‘doesn’t read’), so bride-sister asked that she make a toast instead.

Guess who’s been drafted into writing the toast? What kills me is other sister will probably have 5 or 6 drinks in her by the time the toast rolls around, so whatever I write will be pretty much a slurred mess anyway.

Ooh, think of the possibilities here. You could write a really memorable toast and Sis will be too smashed to censor it.

… I like the way you think, Cog. :smiley:

I fear that 2016 is going to be as bad or worse than 2015*. And I am going through it a year older.

• As long as it isn’t another 2013. Man, that year sucked.

Anti-gripe: Just scrolled through my Facebook feed, and didn’t have a single item from “Suggested Post.”

Speaking of Facebook - please stop making posts telling me what to do. I rarely update my own status, but if I see a cute picture of my niece’s kids I’ll “like” it. Lately though there’s been a slate posts from some old farts of “don’t just like this, copy and paste it otherwise you don’t care enough about disabled soldiers - cancer babies - suicide attempts - etc.” Don’t tell me what to do, unless you want me to unfriend you.

Concidering the current crop of dear leaders, that infest the various capitals, I am not sure thats actually a bad thing.

Declan

Like a good family member, I visited the family in Florida over the holidays. It was hot and humid the entire time, and I got a cold from somewhere. When I got back home, the cold morphed into a lovely case of bronchitis plus an asthma flare.

My mother is acting weird. She forgot to invite my dad and stepmom and bro and nephew to dinner until the last minute; refused to turn on the AC in the house (it was 86F outside) until I threatened to eat dinner stark naked; didn’t want me to use the car in case she needed something while I was out. And those were just the highlights. Overall Christmas was kind of shitty (except for the time spent with my cousin and her family). And now as reward for coping with all that shit, I’m sick.

Fuck it. Next year I’m either staying home, or staying in a hotel and renting a car and making a vacation of it, seeing my friends and not catering to her weirdness.

Oh, and count me in on getting Trump’s pink-and-orange face off TV, too.

HATE that!!! :mad: I usually don’t even bother to Like those even if I do happen to like whatever they are pushing.

Well, it’s been 2016 for almost 15 hours now, and frankly, I’m not impressed so far. Or, as Frank Costanza would say, “I got a lot of problems with you, 2016!”

I have only glanced at that thread and have made a resolution to not get involved arguing a topic I clearly know nothing about, for a change, but I take great pleasure knowing that the US has invaded neither Thailand nor Canada in this century.

You and me both!:smiley:

Let’s hope such remains the case for the foreseeable future!:slight_smile:

The CITY of Sacramento has decided to start a ban on plastic bags effective January 1, and are also requiring a charge of ten cents on paper bags. But a lot of stores in the county of Sacramento, which is not under the jurisdiction of the new law, have decided to take advantage of the confusion and are also charging ten cents for paper and pocketing the money.