Happy, Merry MMP

Unknown, your needlework is gorgeous!

Dad was evaluated for hospice and does not qualify yet (thank goodness) though he will be receiving some occupational therapy to make sure he can stay at home for as long as possible. Mom went to the doc and so far it seems to be thrush grown over the surgical site at the back of her throat. Yay, fungus!

Work has been a bust today. I’ve had one busy week after another where I’m busy but I sure couldn’t tell you doing what. Then things calm down a hair and then I’m convinced I suck. Oh, well. I don’t suck. I know that intellectually, but internalizing it…well, I do suck at that.

It’s grey and gross and I’m waiting for overlyboy to tell me when to get him from winter cross country practice so I can plan a Costco outing with my mom. That will probably be the most exciting field trip I take this week. Well, except to (hopefully) pick up raceday packets Friday. My son & I do a specific 5k together every year and he’s really excited because we missed it the past couple of years due to COVID. It’s the only one he’s likely to be approved to do since he plans to participate in track and if you’re in a running-related sport (cross country, track), you’re not allowed to run in a road race. Anyway, yay running! (For him, not for me - he’ll just have to drink hot chocolate until I waddle to the finish)

Hi, Honeys! I’m home!! We had our breakfast out, drove to Oxford, took pics of our boat in the slings, talked to the surveyor, went on the sea trials, drove home thru Easton and had lunch there, and now we’re home. Huzzah!

We didn’t see anything about the boat to cause major concern, and the surveyor didn’t give us cause for concern - we’ll see his full report end of this week (I hope.) It was freekin’ cold out on the water - I mostly stayed in the pilot house out of the wind. FCD mostly hung with the broker/captain and talked with the surveyor. Barring something disturbing and weird showing up after we left (he still needed to run the electronics and electrical tests) we should close the deal on Dec 15. Anyone coming this way this summer will be invited to cruise on the bay with us! :wink:

Oh, and it flurried a teensy bit as we drove over, but blindingly sunful on the way home - the visors, they did nothing!!!

There’s one near us that opened in half of what used to be a KMart. FCD wanted to see what it was, so we went in. My reaction: crap - lots of crap. I’m not much into “decorator” items, and so much of what I saw there was sooooo tacky. Didn’t spend a penny, never intend to return - mostly for political reasons, partly because crap.

Also raised Catholic, so I know what you mean about guilt. However, even tho I found out that my mother’s paternal grandfather was imprisoned for murder, it’s hard for me to get upset. He committed suicide in prison when my grandfather was still a young man, before he married my grandmother, ergo before my mom was born. Hard to feel guilt about something that removed. All I really feel is curiosity about the circumstances, but it was so long ago, no one knows the specifics.

Preach it, sister!!!

I know I’m late to the party (hah!) but \color{orange}{\text{Happy Sunny Day!!}}

Happy birthday sunny!

unknown, I still grieve the death of local scrapbook / papercraft stores. When I still lived in the city, there were three good ones near me, but, alas, before I left, they were all gone. It had been years since I had been in a HL, but there’s one in my town and I ventured in there once when in dire need of adhesives. Never again. Between the crap and their politics, there’s nothing they sell that I need that badly.

Welcome back magic! Glad you had a good trip.

Irked, got my PTO for Xmas approved and now must go online to make reservations for a hotel somewhere around Little Rock for both the trip and the return. I also need to call the dealership (their website sucks for scheduling maintenance) to have the car serviced and Android Auto updated.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Ye gods, is anyone else just … exhausted?

I’m tired of masks, and shit costing 10x more, and people being utter doinks (probably b/c they’re fed up, too) and just … everything, man.

On the plus side, there was an utterly beautiful sunset as I was leaving work. I’m on company camera standing transfixed in the parking lot, staring at clouds scuttling quickly past, all pink and purple and gold.

I posted pics of the boat/survey on FB. If you want to friend me, just message me and I’ll give you a link!

Afternoon all. Another pretty wasted day, outside of the hour-long nap I took. Did put in my reservation for the May 2022 Alaska Cruise, hopefully I can build in a few days in the Seattle-Portland region and then take the Amtrak Empire Builder from Seattle to Glacier National Park and then Chicago, making it a pretty full vacation. Still in early planning stages, however.

shoe, sunsets can be beautiful at times, well worth staring at.

unknown, also raised Catholic, but never got the guilt trip others mention…what was is not what is now, IMHO. And as far as I know, neither side of my family produced any scandal (of course, my Father’s family is Irish, so you never know… :smiley:) :shamrock: ). Also, glad husband didn’t bleed to death.

talky, glad Dad is doing better. Enjoy the 5K…I’d make maybe 5…yards…

Need to fix some dinner here in a minute, then internettin’ and readin’ and TV watchin’ will take up the bulk of the night. Already have plans for tomorrow being a (slightly) more active day.

All y’all take care.

Happy birthday, sunny!

In finished up my Etsy thingy to send off. Gonna pack it up in the morning, the poly isn’t quite cured.

shoe Too bad you didn’t have some smoke-age to enjoy the sunset more. Though this time of year you’ve got to get the timing right, cuz sunset is so quick. It went from day to night in about 15 minutes today.

Time fer dinner for me and the dog. Stay safe, all!

This notice was removed from HL doors due to negative publicity, but the last time we thought about shopping there this was posted on their door:

JFTR: the police department can not perform a search like this without a warrant.

In later years the political and religious agenda of the company owner solidified the idea that I do not need anything they sell

Howdy Y’all! We got shorn, brunched at Waffle House (all class we are!), braved :astonished: Wally Jr. :astonished:, got back to da cave and entered hard sloth mode. We were able to maintain that pace for the rest of the day. Matter of fact, we’re still goin’ at it hard. I did have one little flurry of activity this afternoon with texts about upcomin’ stuff over to the church house. That necessitated me needin’ a nap afterward. Grumpy old men need their rest after all!

MOOOOOOM glad the boat survey went well. We should have a Mumper Pirate Fest.

doggio get off’n mah lawn ya whippersnapper!

I am Episcopal which means I get all the pomp and none of the guilt. Heck, we don’t even require confession outside of the general confession on Sunday. The rule on personal confession is, “all may, none must, some should.”

Sunny hope you got your shrimp ‘n grits. I now have a gnawin’ and a cravin’ thanks to flyboy and you.

It would be better for everyone here if I try very hard to avoid venting when the discussion turns to the Church of Rome…

Then let’s go back to decrying the dearth of mom and pop hobby shops.

I’ve never gotten into scrapbooking, but a friend did and I get very jealous when I look at the 21 scrapbooks in her bookshelves chronicling the last 21 years of her life.

There used to be a store that sold model railroad trains and tracks and stuff in Prescott. I could never understand the attraction myself, but would stick my head in once in a while just to admire all the stuff. Online sites killed them.

There was a cross stitch store in Prescott Valley, Michaela and HL took it down and I sometimes kick myself for not shopping there more often. I don’t cross stitch myself, but many of the supplies are interchangeable.

Quilting suddenly became THE THING and there were stores all over, now there is only one.

I miss them all, even if I have never desired a model train in my life.

I whaa… yanno, I’m gonna plead the 5th on that one.

Man, I got signed up for the wrong one.

Guy came by for two feeders. Saw my pretties (the high white e.g. platinum soft-furs) and came back for two of them, for his wife to have as pets.
They’re my best group, friendly and calm (and pretty. Did I mention they’re pretty?) and I really prefer to sell them as pets or mouse companions instead of feeders.

Plus, my broke ass got a couple of bucks. So, I haz a happy tonight.

OK, Amazon, no one in my household plays guitar (or any other musical instrument). Why do you think you need to suggest guitar accessories?

The Ms went in for her stress test, which stressed her out. Way back when, when I took my stress test, it was just a treadmill that they increased speed on 'til you jumped ship, and you were hooked to an EKG. She said hers was just three minutes at a walk, then they injected dye and did MRI scans. Looks like everything is working properly, so I think she’s done with all the testing, even if the doc says otherwise.

Made cranberry sauce muffins today and a pot of turkey soup. Life is good.

Have you recently ordered kitchen implements? Maybe Amazon thought mandoline was a fancy way of spelling mandolin. :slight_smile:

No, haven’t checked out kitchen implements in a while, and never a mandoline :). This is right up there with when they were obsessed with trying to sell me 3D printer filament when we do not own a 3D printer and neither of us had been searching anything relating to them.

Between Amazon and FB marketplace, I get a lot of weird purchase suggestions. Altho, spousal unit uses my Amazon account so his browsing surely has an effect. Still, I’ve had weird stuff come up, not that I can remember any at the moment.

Dummy me - while we were gone yesterday, I turned off the pellet stove. When we got home, it was sufficiently cool that I could de-ash it. I forgot to add pellets, so the remaining bits burned out early and I didn’t notice. Then when my bladder woke me around 3, I heard the furnace (which lives under out bedroom.) That’s when it hit me. So I got up, bumped up the thermostat a few degrees (I’d set it low while the pellet stove was supposedly providing heat) and went back to sleep.

I’ve now tended to the critters, breakfasted, started caffeination, and refilled the pellet supply. The stove has just fired up, and life is good! :smiley: I’m thinking I’ll do some laundry today. The dishwasher need to be emptied. If I get brave, I’ll break out the leaf blower and clear the back deck - Higgs brings in leaves with her. FCD wants to go to the marina and see if any other slips are available for us - the one we’ve got semi-reserved isn’t ideal - it’s a tight area for backing in. While down that end of the county, we’ll go to a couple of other thrift stores in search of his contribution to our crazy Christmas exchange. Then he’s got an appt at 5:15 for his pre-surgical MRI. So much ahead.

It’s 29°, yet they’re promising us upper 60s tomorrow afternoon. The weather gods are surely drunk…

Happy Wednesday and Happy December! Where did the year go???

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’ YAWN ‘Tis 35 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 72 and N.O.S. for the day. High temps in the upper 70s to low 80s the next few days. Apparently we are havin’ Spring. Weather be weird. I shall take care of church janitor JW duties over to the church house this mornin’ (one more month and I am free!) and we shall procure provisions. Since a gnawin’ and a cravin’ has taken hold of me, we shall sup upon shrimpies 'n grits and bacon wrapped spareguts.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, bother of bothers, alas, and alack, I suppose I must purtify and don appropriate bein’ amongst the public attire. Woe!

Happy Hump Day Y’all!

Good morning everyone.

Nothing exciting happened yesterday; just the usual work stuff to deal with. I don’t have exciting plans for today, just the usual work stuff interspersed with way too many meetings.

We are running low on doggie ice cream (I think I have one little tub left) and I am out of human-grade bacon dog biscuits, so either I or my husband will have to head to Mud Bay to pick up more today. Polar absolutely requires his doggy ice cream. Just ask him, he’ll tell you all about it!

Amen to that. My favorite local knitting store closed recently, leaving just the one, which is in a bit of a sketchy part of the city and owned by a fairly curmudgeonly lady who is very good at what she does and steers you away from purchasing unnecessary tools and yarns, making it worth the drive. The reason I miss the other place was that a) the owner was incredibly knowledgeable and patient and if you had your knitting with you, if she couldn’t help you, someone else working there could. Also, b) it was right next to Ted Drewe’s, which is a local frozen custard shop, so I could get two of my favorite things in one trip.

Anyway, grey and rainy day. Early meeting, then a zoom with the siblings to talk about my dad. It’s weird - I hadn’t been in contact with my half siblings since they were seven or eight after my dad divorced his 3rd wife and she developed serious mental health issues. Suddenly we’re all texting back and forth and talking to each other twice a week. Even weirder is that my sister and I have gone from just the two of us siblings to seven of us (he married a LOT) in the space of a month.