Happy, Merry MMP

But you’re my kind of warped, so it’s all good.

Heck, I have an ancestor who should have been convicted of war crimes. Except it wasn’t a war, just Scottish politics.

In any case, I eat at McDonalds ironically.

Well, of course. Adam and Eve, yanno…

that’s a joke, son!

Back from babysitting. Roxy fussed once - apparently she occasionally wants attention. Toby was quiet till Cozmo started barking, and even then, he just fussed a little. I’ll be crashing soon.

We’re going to breakfast at Denny’s before heading across the bay for the boat’s survey. It promises to be a long day.

Weds, FCD gets his MRI and his right knee will be replaced on Jan 3. So yay for that! Yet to be seen is how it will affect my watching Toby when our daughter goes back to school.

I gymned but five minutes from my goal, I got a weird pain severe enough to convince me to go home. It disappeared halfway home. I shoulda toughed it out.

Just so you know how close to the edge I am, I found myself singing an ad libbed song to my spider plant today. I don’t believe singing helps plants grow. Well, acccording to Myth Busters, maybe if you sing heavy metal. I may have to write new lyrics to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

Unknown, lovely needlework!

True confession: I’ve never been in a Hobby Lobby. I doubt I’ll ever set foot in one, but the reasons are…well, not political, but social, and I don’t want to risk a chastisin’.

I’ll never understand this sort of shame, though TBH, I don’t understand people taking pride in an ancestor’s accomplishments. One of my ancestors was an important inventor, but since I couldn’t invent the wheel if you handed me one, I never boast about him.

doggio, how you survive all those double shifts is beyond me.

FCM, there’s no atmosphere more peaceful than that of a house containing sleeping babies.

I’ve never been in one either, it was JoAnne’s that I visited that one time. I just happen to know that you can get DMC at both places (and Michael’s which I’m also boycotting). I might have to go into a Hobby Lobby soon, Mom needs one skein of a brand of thread that I can’t find anywhere but there. Somehow, Mom always manages to trump my principles.

I would feel much shame if I knew that great grand dad was a slave owner. I know that it’s not my shame to bear, but I was raised as a Catholic. Guilt is my middle name! The great grand uncle who got caught stealing horses? Yeah, being too dumb to get away with that sort of thing just seems to run through the generations, LOL!

doggio I admire your youth and energy. I remember having a job like that and the money was great. Remember to lift with your legs and not your back lest you end up whining about bulging lumbar discs like me.

I LOVE shrimps and grits. I add mushrooms, cheddar and bacon; also some red pepper for a little kick. I’m thinking that I want this for my birthday dinner. Mmmmmmmm

I applaud you. Supporting local businesses is a very good thing.

Thank you, but it’s very self serving TBH. I like being able buy niche hobby supplies and soaps, etc. IMHO, the only way to secure my supplies is to pay a little more for mundane stuff that I could get cheaper, so I’m happy to do that. Plus, they are really nice folks.

I"m up and posting because Hubs dropped a glass and then grabbed the shards because he was scared that Gormless George would step on them. Of course he cut his hand in several places and I’m pretty sure he has a sliver in his finger, but he’s bleeding so much its kinda hard to tell.

These are all minor cuts that most folks would just rinse off while getting the tweezers for the splinter, but he’s on blood thinners and will be seeping blood through his dressings at some point in the night. This getting old shit isn’t for weenies.

(For some reason, Hubs isn’t able to grab George up and put him in the bathroom when he doesn’t want George “helping”. He has also forgotten that you can push a cat out of your way with your foot. Hubs also wonders how our cats get so stinkin spoiled.)

Happy birthday Sunny :sun_with_face: :tada:

Another day in writing course-irk; nearly done with the ones due Thorsday, which have been dragging on for ages. There’s a talk later as well- online, not related to my subject area, but it’s a topic I’m interested in and it’s open access, so I think I shall be watching while finishing off the item I’m making for Secret Santa. Hopefully I can get that posted before the end of the week. Then I can get on with the essay due next week…

I’ve barely started the Christmas shopping- I might have to do a trip this weekend to get some done, I prefer to buy from small shops where possible, and there’s not many options near here.

Happy Cake Day, sunshine !! :slight_smile:

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 30 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of
< snerk> 69! < snerk > and N.O.S. for the day. This mornin’ we shall get shorn, and since we’ll be right near it, we shall have what I reckon will be brunch at Waffle House, bein’ the gourmets we are. After that we shall hit :astonished: Wally Jr. :astonished: for some needed items. After that we shall return to da cave and enter sloth mode. Any other need to feed today will be via forage.

Nameless I, too, applaud the idea of shoppin’ local. I have never been in a JoAnne’s or Hobby Lobby. I once went in Michael’s totally against my will. I have also never shopped in that party store place, the name of which, escapes me. Party Lobby? Party Town? Party Central? Overpriced Tacky Party Stuff? Hope hubs is OK today and that the bleedin’ stopped soonest.

Nuts hope the skoolirk stuff continues to go relatively well. How much longer do you have?

And now this…

< AHEM > CLEARIN’ THROAT < AHEM >

HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!
HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEEAAARRR SSSUUUNNNNNNYYY!!!

Eat lots of shrimp 'n grits!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy so’s I can take meds. Then I suppose I should purtify and don appropirate bein’ about the public attire. Woe and Bother!

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

Good morning everyone.

So, the mediation was pushed to NEXT Monday. Rah. Instead, I spent a little over two hours in Labor Relations training, which, actually was very good and useful stuff. I am glad it was set up. Then it was on to the usual problem solving and fixing stuff. A busy day for sure.

I need to get to some kind of hobby store, but I’ve never been Hobby Lobby either. I don’t think I’ll go. There’s a Joann’s near me and I’ll go there for some fabric my daughter would like. While I’m there, I think I’ll check out some embroidery floss since she does that too.

I don’t know of any local hobby-type shops around here. I do plan to support a local photographer by purchasing one of his works and sending it as a gift to someone as a thank you for all of her help in the last year. She has been a good mentor and friend.

@Sunny_Daze
Happy Birthday sunshine!

Good morning all. Didn’t accomplish much yesterday afternoon, outside of bathing and going to Logan’s Roadhouse for meatloaf (and I hate that they have changed over to waffle fries) and watching tackleball and NCIS-Los Angeles reruns (amazing how many people get shot weekly in those shows with automatic weapons–you’d think we’d hear about that now and then…). Anyway, probably needed a day of sloth from last weeks driving adventure.

Friend of mine whose Dad is a travel agent is looking to take a group of friends on an Alaska cruise in May 2022. I’m sorely tempted, haven’t been cruising (or much of anything) for a couple of years now and the folks going are people I haven’t seen in quite some time. Do need a roomie (anybody want to go to Alaska?).

Haven’t been in a Hobby Lobby (Or JoAnne’s or Michael’s either for that matter). About the only store I shop at besides Wal-Mart and Target is Kohl’s, because I like their shirts and accessories.

For me, Xmas shopping will be on-line for gift cards and should take me about 40 minutes tops (and a fair amount of cash). Will probably do it later this week. No idea what to tell my Brother/Sis-in-law what to get me for Xmas.

unknown, hope Husband-unit is doing better, glass cuts are nasty.

FCM, hope the boat surveyin’ goes well. And glad FCD has a date scheduled for the knee.

Wizard, glad your drive was (mostly) routine. I used my Garmin (last year’s Xmas present) on my trip, it helps some, especially around cities when you have to change roads 2-3 times, but probably more valuable for in-city driving (if I ever take up a career as a Uber Driver…).

talky, hope parents are OK to celebrate Xmas with.

OK, onward into 2sday. All y’all take care now.

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone!

I am up for the chivvying of the boy child onto the school bus. I am also sneaking in bites of my cookies because birthday!

Good morning, everyone.

I haven’t been to a Hobby Lobby in years. It’s out of the way, their selection sucks, the stores smell funny, and I don’t feel like supporting artifact looting. I did shop a Jo-Ann’s (online) yesterday. I needed a couple of yards of felt for a gaming table topper I’m making. Otherwise, Mrs Magill shops for her fabric and yarn there.

I texted The Missus and gave her a choice for inner: Turkey, patty melts, or shrimp & grits. She texted back, ‘Oh my, shrimp and grits sound good.’

I never had it until a couple of years ago, and I’ve only made it twice before last night. (Actually, I think I’d only had grits twice in my life before the bite of shrimp & grits Wifey was having those couple of years ago.)

I think I got the bacon a little too crisp. It was pretty lean, so I had to get some grease out of the fridge. I add garlic, parsley, and garlic, plus the chopped bacon, after the shrimp and a chopped red bell pepper are cooked, then add a little heavy cream. Shredded cheddar goes into the grits.

Anyway, Mrs. L.A. liked it, and didn’t say anything about the bacon.

Home from heaving. Usiualy we do 20k in smalls. Today we did 6400 overnight, and 30k+ during preload. Naptime.

Well, energy anyways. I’m 50. :wink:

And hope Hubby’s hand is OK>

Happy Birthday sunny!!!

I was wearing this T-shirt on Saturday. It says ‘In theatres April 17.’

I’d assumed I’d picked up the shirt as a freebie at a film convention. (Got lots of T-shirts and mugs, and gel filter sample books that are perfect for a 16 mm Bolex at these shows.) Only…

Crank: High Voltage was released on April 17th, 2009 – five and a half years after I moved up here from L.A. I thought maybe a friend, in whose studio I worked sometimes, gave it to me. But he closed the studio and left town in 2007.

I wonder where I got it?

Happy Cookie Day Sunny!

Hubs didn’t bleed to death last night and wonder of wonders, he didn’t manage to bleed all over the bedding for a change. I was fully expecting to be stripping the bed to the mattress this morning so that was a happy surprise. (He’s in no danger of bleeding to death, the blood thinners seriously delay any coagulating so a minor surface scrape will seep blood for days. This is normal, it’s an annoyance more than anything.)

I called the Family Arts shop in Phoenix and they are sending my floss out tomorrow. They are always so nice, I wish they were closer so I could take a couple of classes with them.

Back when I was working, I was able to force myself to do unpleasant things, now that I don’t have to force myself to get up every morning, I’ve totally lost my discipline and just could not manage to force myself into Hobby Lobby, not even for Mom.

I looked up the thread manufacturer and called them to order a skein to be sent to her. Shipping is more than the thread, but at least I don’t have to go into Hobby Lobby to get it.

That counts as youth in my book!

Picked up a bunch of freshly-washed trays at work, and … they peed (water/sanitizer) all over me.

I’ve decided that my jeans are now cleaner than when I put them on this morning.