Harmless Doper Crushes

Wot? People read what I post? :eek: I need to start being more careful! I mean, my last thread was talking about the hot weather! Aiyiyi. Maybe a new style is in order.

Ahem…

This morning, whilst gazing out the wooden grid of the French windows that overlook the verdancy that is my back yard, mine eyes happened to capture the round face and the red hand of my faithful (though in terms of accuracy, suspect) patio thermometer…

He does have that strange theater guy ego-in-self-mortification thing going on. It’s very cute. He regularly compares himself (physically) to Burl Ives, when Kenneth Branagh is much more appropriate.

A few years back I was crushing on Quasimodem, though I’m not sure of my reason behind it.

Is he still around?

His last activity was two days ago, so he’ll learn of your crush if he does a vanity search.

My sweetie reads the board (and joined after I kept talking about all the great threads), so I’m hesitant to reveal whether I have the hots (or even lukewarms) for anybody besides her… :cool:

I haven’t really posted all that much and haven’t built relationships with anybody really so I don’t have a crush. Tha being said, I do speak to one Doper off the board and she is pretty damn hot, but alas, I am spoken for.

:eek: :o Wow! Thank you guys…I don’t know where to turn my head. I look for posts from all these guys, but my crushes are on Harimad-Sol, CandidGamera, harmless, FinnAgain…I also kind of admire Anastaseon. I also look for posts by Kythereia, and of all people, SolGrundy.

But my biggest crush, and I think he knows it, is Ethilrist. :o

That Silver Fire sure is a sexy bitch, I tell ya whut.

Actually, I think I’ll sleep with it under my pillow.

Wow. How many crushes do you have?

Decorum, who needs it, I always say. :smiley:

That Shirley Ujest sure is da bomb in my book!

Muchos gracias Campion. Now, how much do I owe you and what’s the extra amount I need to send to get the word out to some of the other aforementioned crushes of my own? :wink:

Or any nerdy cuties with long hair and a propensity for indie films.
Also, some of you are hogging too many Dopers. Quit it, will ya? :stuck_out_tongue:

Cite? :smiley:

2, I guess. One’s username starts with a T, and the other with an L.(they’re guys) Theres no crush involved; but when I see the name Diogenes I think it will be an interesting post.

MY POST IS MY CITE!

Hey, I think you’re great, too! Wanna arrange a threesome with my unrequited squeeze Roger Thornhill? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep. That’s definitely you.

right-click, save picture as…

Cynical Gabe… 'cept I can’t figure out if I like him as a potential mate, or as a best-guy-friend-with-whom-I-can-speak-of-anything. It’s entirely possible that I like him because I see a bit of me in a few of his posts, and therefore think we could relate in real life. OTOH, it would probably run down like this:

BA: Hi, how’s it going?

CG: Fine, you?

BA: Fine.

Both parties stare down at their respective beverage cups. After a few minutes, they look up at each other.

CG: So… how’s it going?

BA: Mmm, good. How about you?

CG: Well, it’s been fine.

Insert a half hour of awkward silence. CG stands up to go.

CG: It’s been nice meeting you.

BA: Um, you too. See you around the boards.

Yeah, I can see that happening… but Gabe, it might not work out that way, so feel free to email me anytime. :slight_smile:

Thinking about paragraph one a bit further, I’ll vote for option A. When I see a thread started by him, I am compelled to open and read it. I never fail to think that if anyone was watching me at that particular moment, he or she might think I’m obsessed. But I’m not. Really!

Uh, a normal number. Not, like, you know, twenty or anything.

Unless you count the girl crushes, too. 'Cause I just heard that Silver Fire sure is a sexy bitch, I tell ya whut.

faithfool, wanna pay me back? You can keep your nerdy cuties with long hair and a propensity for indie films, but as soon as one of them meets a haircut, he’s mine. :wink:

I’m working on getting the rest of your harem in here – sending the psychic messages as I type – your crushees should be showing up here any minute now . . .

Well, I was just teasing ya, but I dunno what a normal number is anyway.

I think a normal number is eighteen. :wink: