Harry Potter / JK Rowling's Website [spoilers]

Is anyone else having trouble with JK Rowling’s website? In the “?” area, I figured out how to get the door open but I can’t get the game to work. Is anyone else having trouble?

Supposedly, you can deduce the title for Book Seven through this game. Hence the spoiler warning on this thread.

I went to Mugglenet to get the steps. Here’s apparently what you do to find it out;

[spoiler]Go to JKRowling.com. Click on the eraser on her desk.

1. Click the knob on the open door in the mirror to see the Christmas tree.
  2. Click on the top half of the main door to see a wreath.
  3. Click on the top of the mirror to reveal garland.
  4. They will all go away if you click the spider web next to the mirror.
  5. Click on the 4th chime in the window and the key for the door.
  6. Drag the key to the door knob to unlock the door.
  7. The door opens to reveal a package.
  8. When you click the bow, the package will open.
  9. Inside is a game of Hangman you can play to guess the title of Book 7![/spoiler]

And here is the title itself, confirmed here.

MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING, THE TITLE IS RIGHT HERE; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

And my opinion on it is that… it seems a bit corny. But now I have more questions. Damn you, JK, damn you to hell (after you finish the book)!

Well I suppose the title could be worse, but *Harry Potter and The Last Chance To Mess With Millions of Suckers Minds * was a bit too wordy. :wink:

And I still can’t get the fricken’ thing to work. I knew I shouldn’t have come to work today.

What does hallow/hallows mean as a noun?

According to the Compact OED, Hallow is an archaic term for “a saint or holy person.” However I think she may be using it in its verbal form, however then the title doesn’t make a great deal of sense to me…

– IG

I think it’s like a graveyard, holy ground? The only time i’ve seen it used in this manner is in archaic language… “…and the Deathly Hallows” sounds a lot like a Sherlock Holmes title.

It means something or someone sacred. All Hallows Day (better known these days is the prior day, All Hallows Evening, aka Hallowe’en) is synonymous with All Saints Day.

According to this website

(“holy” or “holy night”) the Oct. 31 Greater Sabbat, also called November Eve, the Celtic Samhain (“sow-en”); the beginning of the Celtic winter, and of the Celtic year; the beginning of the Witches’ Year, when the Veil Between the Worlds grows thin and the spirits of the dead may return to Earth; the Descent of the Goddess to the Underworld; the final Harvest festival

Which means more arguements with my fundamentalist sister-in-law about these “satanic” books.

That’s a little dark, isn’t it? I was expecting something more along the lines of Harry Potter and the Puppies and Rainbows.

Harry Potter and the Rainbow Monkeys

Has anyone tried the steps that Revenant Threshhold copied from Mugglenet? I’m stuck on step # 5…

I click on the fourth chime, and it changes color, but I don’t see anything resembling a key. The chime itself does not allow itself to be dragged as step 6 indicates the “key” should be.

How the heck did anyone manage to figure out this thing?? Do the Mugglenet guys have some sort of Flash decoder? Because random clicking doesn’t help uncover these things, if they need to be done in this order.

You haven’t read the last couple of books, have you?

Harry Potter realises it was all a dream … :eek:

Harry Potter and the Gooey Kablooie

Re: the title, perhaps worth remembering that Harry was born on July 31, so he was conceived on October 31.

How is the title of a book a spolier?

It will be all over the place within the day.

Ok, ignore me. You just didn’t want to spoil the game.

My bad.

Click the gold color and drag it away. It is a key. Drag the key to the lock and it unlocks the door.

I couldn’t get the key to work in firefox. It worked fine in IE though.