Has anyone found a truly good dustpan/brush sweeper?

One that doesn’t leave you chasing a line of leftover dust backwards?

I had one years ago that actually swept up all the dusty crap, but it disappeared during The Move after my husband’s death, and I have no idea where it originated or where to buy something that works as well.

I swear, I try to keep a clean home!

While we’re at it, I want an angled broom that’s full sized. All the angled brooms I can find are undersized.

And, angled or not, I’d like one that all the dust and cat hair doesn’t stick to. It’s supposed to sweep stuff into the dustpan, not leave it all clinging to the broom!

The best dust pans are always the heavy metal ones you get at hardware stores. Their design is pretty much the same since the 1930s because it works.

There’s a bit of skill involved, but I just sweep it onto an 8x11 sheet of junk mail, then throw the whole thing away.

I have an O’Cedar broom/dustpan combo that works really well. And then the handle of the dustpan clips to the handle of the broom. Until it broke, now it falls off. But it still sweeps up stuff really well. Also full-sized, angled. Cat hair sticks to it, though.

Old housecleaner’s method: Get a sheet of newspaper. Wet one edge under the sink–just the edge. Smooth that wet edge down on the floor, sweep in trash, enfold in newspaper. Throw away.

We use the Sweepa at home. It has rubber bristles that creates a static charge that allows it attract the smallest dirt particles. There’s a squeegee attached to one side to make sweeping up the dirt (or liquid) easier. The bristles never deform and a quick rinse in water is all you need to do to clean it. I’ve seen reviews from pet owners and pet salons claiming it’s the best broom they’ve used to clean up hair.

It’s not a regular push broom and you need to pull in semi-short strokes for it to work properly. Watch the demo.

Your work will be much easier with proper corn-tassel business end, and not man-made bristles. Store it hanging up, not resting on the sweeping end. It will sweep clean for years.

But when I buy brooms claiming to be proper corn-tassel, cat hair and dust and all sorts of miscellaneous still sticks to the bristles.

And I don’t remember that happening years ago when I bought corn brooms. I wonder if some manufacturers are using different varieties of broom corn than they used to?

You can always get one of those dust pans with the long handle.

You may have to still chase the line, but it’s a non issue because you’re not crouched over in an awkward position.

There used to be a special kind of corn grown in Oklahoma, that was ideally suited to brooms. Googling, I find some that are 30% corn and 70% yucca.

If you are picking up pet hair, go to an Asian grocery and get one of these.

I now see this was a stale thread, but it came up in my email–since last time you were at the SD.

I sorely miss my SweepEZE, it was a combo trash can dust pan. Sweep your floor crumbs up to the opening of the SweepEZE and it detects the dirt pile and sucks it all up. It had two floor switches, one turned on the vacuum the other opened the lid to the trash can. Parts came from Canada, could no longer get the filter. Best ever appliance.