Has anyone had their teeth bleached?

Alternately, Arnie, I could black out one tooth, paint on freckles, do my hair up in braids and go for that humorous “Sis Hopkins” look. Certainly would make an impression when I appear on Baba Wawa specials!

Eh, I wouldn’t if I were you.

The active ingredient in teeth bleaching goo is hydrogen peroxide, or, more commonly, carbamide peroxide which decomposes into hydrogen peroxide. The concentration ranges from 10-16% or thereabouts. The rest is a sort of a gel with cherry flavouring that doesn’t actually taste like cherries.

In theory, Clorox might work, but it’s probably not very healthy if you get it on your gums or if you swallow it. Besides, you need to keep it in place for several hours. Hydrogen peroxide might work better if you figure out how to contain it, but the stuff you buy in drugstores is typically too dilute, at 3%.

Eve, I went out and found some “Sis Hopkins” photos

http://www.westerns.com/stars/judy_canova/

You’re right, the resemblance is uncanny!! :eek:
Are you two related? I definitely like the look. Much better than the formal, well-coiffed skirted suit that seems so popular amongst denizens of the Big Apple.

Please please please adopt this as your new persona for public and televised appearances.

My sister-in-law, a dental hygienist bleached her teeth twice. And boy are they white! Kinda fakey looking if you want to know the truth.

My brother-in-law just ended 4 years of dental school and I plan on hitting him up for free bleaching as soon as he gets over the shock of having to actually work all day for a living. :slight_smile:

The key, like everything, is knowing when to quit.