Haunted, by Chuck Palahniuk

Is anyone else reading Chucky P’s latest? I just finished it; before I get into discussing it deeply, I would like to read it again (couple days). Right now I’m just able to say things like, “Wow, that first story was cuhrazy.” Chuck’s writing just has this quality where you read through it the first time and you see a phrase and mentally dog-ear it as important, but it’s not until the second, third, and later readings that you really appreciate everything he says.

I also saw more than a couple sentences that I nominated for a new sig line, but I’ll be damned if I can remember them now.

Hiebram

Hmm, maybe I’ll check it out. For some reason, I keep reading his stuff, even though that R.L. Stinbe rip-off about the island town made me want to set it on fire and inhale the sweet carbon monoxide fumes.
I do like short stories, though, especially shameless ones with ridiculous premises, dark humour and twist endings. Does it have the one he read aloud about the guy who gets stuck to the swimming pool drain? I love thast one.

Yeah, that’s the first story. IMO, it’s the best in the book.

When I finished that one I had to go back and make sure I hadn’t just read a Stephen King novel.