Have you been scammed by Classmates.com's Gold Membership?

When I checked my online statement today 01-17-2012 I saw a $39.00 charge: RECUR DEBIT CRD PMT01/11 CLASSMATES-MEMORY 206-301-5900 WA. I did NOT authorize Classmates.com to debit my card. I called them and the phone rep was difficult. He told me he could not give me a refund. I told the representative that I looked online and found HUNDREDS of complaints about this very same issue and demanded a refund. He was very condescending and told me that he could not issue a full refund and tried to convince me that I did agree to have the funds removed from my account…even though I know I DID NOT AUTHORIZE any deductions whatsoever! After spending 10 minutes on the phone with him, he finally told me as a “courtesy” to me he would issue a partial refund of 38.26...UNETHICAL as I NEVER authorized any charge to be made! Classmates.com still managed to STEAL .74 from me! I called back later to verify my account was closed because I never received an email verification as promised. After the second call I received an email verification stating that my account is closed and my card will be issued a partial refund. I have read many posts saying that they will continue to charge my card anyway. I will CANCEL my card which will be a HUGE pain in the rear end! Classmates.com = MAJOR FAIL! :mad:

Were you a member, and this was a renewal that you did not authorize, or have you never been on Classmates.com at all?

Update: Today I received a check for $3.93 as an award from a class action lawsuit against Classmates.com. Details at www.cmemailsettlement.com.