He-man Jets fan punches out little female Patriots fan. And it's her fault???

I could maybe go for “assaulted feminist hits back”.

I’m gonna say your not to hit women…to a point, barring specific circumstances.

In the video, that wasn’t one of those circumstances.

He could have just pushed her away…and maybe, MAYBE, if she persisted, then a smack would be probably sufficient.

The dude full on hit her outright.

He’s obviously an asshole wife beater…

Id say fuck that shit and knock his ass out for that. :mad:

Jamicat, can you explain why you feel that a man shouldn’t hit a woman if the woman is hitting the man?

I know you asked Jamicat, but I agree with her (Him?). It’s hard to tell since there’s just a small snippet of video. At any rate, a tiny woman is smacking his arms, (it actually looks as if she rushed him and just kind of pushed him on his arms) and his response is to **punch **her in the FACE, and hard enough to knock her back quite a ways. He couldn’t have just pushed her away? The punishment, or “defense” as it were, did not fit the crime.

I don’t see his mom anywhere close to the woman either, so his lame “I was protecting her” seems to be nonsense.

But if the video showed a man doing what that woman was doing, would you still think it was out of line?

Personally, I think that no one handled the situation well, but as a guy, if I did what she did, I’d expect to get punched in the face. Why should a woman expect to be treated differently?

Gallantry I guess, but it appears that’s completely dead. Even if a woman were doing worse than what that one did, the man is HUGE, he could have easily defended himself by grabbing and restraining her. Anyway what did she do that was so terrible it warranted a punch like that? It’s a very short video and the angle is pretty crappy, but it appears as if all she did was to sort of rush to him and sort of swiped at his upper arms. I didn’t see her hit him anywhere near his face.

A punch in the face THAT hard was a ridiculous reaction. Especially the one he gave her… he knocked her back several feet, it was total overkill. She’s a tiny little thing and if he were truly “defending” himself or his mom, simply grabbing her and pushing her to the side would have been more than sufficient. I’d think the same if it had been a man grabbing at his arms.

I guess I don’t see her as a “tiny little thing,” but as an adult who should know better than to start attacking someone or she might get punched in the nose.

As for gallantry, isn’t that just a paternalistic attitude that treats women like children?

You didn’t notice she got right back up right after the punch, tough *little

• thing. She probably kept on going after him.

Most women don’t expect to be treated differently except when they decide it’s for their advantage.

To me if a woman wants to hit a man then she should expect equal treatment. If she was a big woman and he was a small guy - would he still get the same crap - yes - nothing to do with size - just sex… IMHO.

Yeah, no. Prior criminal history can’t even be hinted at during the judicial phase except in rare specific circumstances. At sentencing criminal history can be looked at.

Sure, if he was alone in a room with her he could have restrained her. In this situation that’s a good way to get stomped on by the others involved without anyway to defend yourself.

He did not ‘full on hit her’, he held back quite a bit. As mentioned above, he’s a big dude if he full on hit her she would have been down and stayed down. Instead she just backed up a little ways.

Jeez, can you imagine how much worse this story would be playing out for the guy minus this video?

When I look at that video I see two or three people attacking the one guy and the blonde woman gets hit in the face. How anyone can see that guy as the aggressor I can’t imagine. The blonde and her friends should be charged with assault.

Men don’t get a break for attacking someone bigger or stronger than them, why should a woman?

Absolutely. She’s not a child, even if she behaves like one, and we can hold her to the same standard we hold other functioning adults.

:like:

I’m glad you wrote this because I didn’t click the link provided, I saw the video on my local news (this is a local story for me) and what I saw was three people ganging up on one guy. I thought that perhaps there was a shorter version of the one played on the news that everyone else saw.

But I am noting that a large portion of people will defend ganging up on a person so long the person getting jumped is a man and one of the aggressors is a woman. You know, just in case some dude I know needs an asskicking.

All four of them have been charged.

Yeah, she’s supposed to be hit on, not hit.

My view of what was going on in the video doesn’t seem to be as clear as yours. It looked to me as if it were just the two of them involved and the other 2-3 people were trying to get in and break it up. All I saw in the few seconds it played was the girl rushing at him, and sort of swiping/girlie hitting at his upper arms, and then him hitting her HARD. The view I had, he had plenty of time when she was rushing at him to grab her and push her away. The other people I saw looked as if they were going to try to keep the two of them off each other, but didn’t quite make it in time before the girl got hit. Is there a different copy/link other than the one in the OP?

You mean before the violent, aggressive, adult woman got hit?