Health Care Reform & Lieberman

As a near lifelong resident of Connecticut, I can confidently report that I have never met ANYONE who likes Joe Lieberman. Who actually votes for this guy and how he keeps getting elected is a total mystery.

Jewish conspiracy, clearly!

(D&R!)

-Joe

VIDEO: Watch Lieberman Endorse Medicare Buy-In Three Months Ago

So, he couldn’t get himself a shabby goy? I mean, its not like we’re in short supply…

An observant Jew should not walk extended distances on Shabbat. If there’s an important vote on a Saturday, he could cast an absentee ballot before sundown Friday, assuming that’s allowed under Senate rules.

Whoops, my mistake, the restriction is on carrying any objects an extended distance. So as long as his keys, iPhone, etc. are being carried by an aide, it’s kosher.

So to speak.

Well, then, how about one of his minions? He’s supposed to have ten of those, right?

That would be allowed for any non-Jewish minions.

What the hell does the fact that he observes the Sabbath have to do with anything?

I believe Mr Smashy’s thesis is that strict adherence to ancient superstitions somehow makes a man worthy of great respect

LOL … the compromise he’s opposing now is one he supported three months ago. The only principle Joe Lieberman supports is the principle to have his dick sucked by the insurance industry.

It’s hard to say whether his motivation is to help his contributors in the insurance industry or to be a thorn in the side of the Democratic Party, who really ought to strip him of any power he has in the Senate. And start funding a real Democrat to run against him in 2012, since he was still planning on running for re-election, last I heard.

This.

It boggles the mind that this ass *still *has a leadership position.

It’s a bit more complicated than this. I know this is the Pit, but…

There are 39 classes of work prohibited on the Sabbath. These are extremely well-defined, all of which were required to build the temple. Any task that operates for the same purpose or as the prohibited categories is also prohibited. This is not to be understood generally as “work”.

For the record, I concur that this is in fact an antique superstition that has little or no bearing whatsoever on whether or not an individual engenders respect.

That would be a lot more impressive (for a very broad definition of impressive) if I actually knew who said it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson.

A hobgoblin is bad, right?

Well, he killed Spider-Man’s girlfriend, so yeah.

Which is kind of odd, because I always pictured Emerson as more of a DC fan than Marvel.

Wait a minute. A day spent in reflective contemplation once a week is worthy of the respect accorded keeping a discipline. It is the particular man here that is not worthy of respect because of his duplicity about so many of his principles.

Joe Liberman wouldn’t know reflective contemplation if it flew into his house on the back of a dragon and raped his dog.