Hello, my name is Ayesha

And I am badly addicted to this board. I have been unable to function all day today. Why ? Because I couldn’t get my fix !!!

Ayesha - Lioness

You sound reasonable. Must be time to up my medication.

You should have seen me. I’ve been sitting at work for four freakin’ hours with nothing to do. I was about ready to cry from boredom when the techs managed to revive the hamster.

Hello, Ayesha, my name is Minxsmom. I, too, am a SDMB addict. (I think we should start some sort of 12 step program :))

I just kept typing the address in the location bar over and over again as if I was going to get through by sheer force of will. However, I did get a lot more work done than usual (I hope my boss doesn’t read this :wink:

WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above as apparently my cat has learned to type. =^…^=

This could be your Methadone when the SD is down: http://cartalk.cars.com/Mail/BBS/All-The-Rest/index.html

you have to register, though

Ayesha: Well, at least you have a couple of local addicts (like me) to share the drug paraphenalia with…

< tying a mouse cord around forearm >

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Addict? Not me! And don’t tell me I’m in denial! :wink:

Best!
Byz

I too am an addict, and I was seriously jonesing today. What really honked me off was that today was my last day before I go back to work. So I’m not going to be able to spend all freaking day here like I have been for the last 10 weeks.

Well, at least I bowled tonight. I had something to divert my attention.

I, too, am an SDMB addict, and I was a little cheesed off, too, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. You see, I had a killer test (just finished two minutes ago, took two hours), and I used the time I’d usually spend here to study, and I actually think I did OK. So, it couldn’t have happened at a better time for me.

God is dead. -Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead. -God
Neitzsche is God. -Dead

I tried that link, sunbear. It’s just not the same.
Give me dope or give me death!

I’ll tell you who was a sad sight, The LION sat up most of the night trying to get back in here.

He is so addited when he calls from work after lunch, he always wants to know “Whats happening on the board?”.

I think I created a monster when I told him about this site.

Ayesha - Lioness

It drove me crazy… i tried constantly to get on… as I stand before you… My name is Sue… and I am an addict

“Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.”

I was really worried when I couldn’t get to the board…but I had just come off my last shift at work and I was really tired…so I just went to sleep…first thing I did when I woke up was turn on the computer, and lo and behold, all was well with the world. :slight_smile:

Weave a circle round him thrice,
And close your eyes with holy dread,
For he on honey-dew hath fed,
And drunk the milk of Paradise.–Coleridge

Yep, it was so bad I even checked out the newsgroups.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

My name is PurpleCrackwhore and I am addicted to mpsims. As much as I didn’t want to be online, didn’t want to be drawn back, I found myself saying… just go to read them…just reading them won’t hurt… to smile once again at something funny. Then I found myself desparately searching the cupboards and drawers to find wherever it was I put my password coz the temptation to post was just too strong. I need to get a life… I have way too much time on my hands.

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Saturday a.m. I got out of bed for no other reason than to post to MPSIMS (see http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/002513.html . I thought it was a killer post, can’t wait to see the replies. Snooping around GQ, I found a brand new topic I knew the answer to. Halfway through my reply the power goes out, my computer reboots, lost my hard drive. Can’t get back to SDMB. Recover the computer too late on Saturday to log on.

Sunday the phone goes out! Can’t log on.

Get to work on Monday. No SDMB! By this time I’m climbing the walls, but I assume it’s a momentary failure. Just to get a hint of what I need, I log on to the Teeming Millions Home Page! Gone! Legal notices instead!! I lose it. I e-mail OpalCat – is SDMB dead? She kindly writes back – No, they just have a sucky server. I try again. Can’t get any work done. Gotta have a fix. No luck. I go home early. (Really!) Still no phone at home so I can’t even try to log on. Cry myself to sleep.

Tuesday. I’m back at work. The SDMB is back. The sun is shining. No work is getting done. I’m looking for a twelve-step program.

“Vandelay!! Say Vandelay!!”

PurpleCrackwhore, Why not just change your password to something you won’t forget ?

I don’t know how you came up with your user name, but I love it !

Ayesha - Lioness

[devil]psst… you there… I got the good stuff right here, chock full of mundane pointless stuff… you interested?[/devil]

OH GOD! GIMME MPSIMS!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME!

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…