Help for the video-disabled

My wife is a serious video game and RPG fanatic. She bought the new Final Fantasy VIII for our Playstation. We have over fifteen Playstation games, of which I have mastered only one. This was a collection of old arcade games that had Pac-Man, Pole Position, and Galaga on it. Those were great.

My character on Final Fantasy VII is still stuck on this fuckin' elevator from hell, and since my 2-yr old ripped up the strategy guide and fed it to the dog, now I am completely clueless. The wife, for some sadistic reason, will not give me any help.

With some disgust I picked up the Final Fantasy VIII guide book and attempted to play the game. The book is slightly less in content than the combined operating instructions of the NASA Space Shuttle. As far as the Playstation control pad goes, I think your average F-15 fighter has a simpler control system. I'm still trying to find extra fingers for those stupid buttons on the front side of the pad.

Anyway, sorry to rant for so long, but am I the only one that is video-handicapped in this bright, new, shining millenium?

“…send lawyers, guns, and money…”

Warren Zevon

Blue,
Well, at least you aren’t bitter about it! :wink:
I suck at all of those games (except the “vintage” ones) and my husband loves them. He really enjoys kicking my ass at John Madden Football (you need at least 15 fingers to master this stupid game). Anyway, for a game like FF8, I would cheat and look up stuff on the internet. The younger people who play those games just love to post all the cheats and hints they can as soon as they know them, so try doing a couple of searches. Or get a six pack, enjoy it, and tell her to play with herself (pun intended)

Run for the hills, folks! Or you’ll be up to your armpits in martians!

Blue,
Check out this site http://ff8.gamegurus.net/
there is a “walkthrough” section in it, I think it tells you exactly how to play the game, step by step. Why not spend the day solving the game and infuriate your wife?? Fun! Fun! :wink:

Run for the hills, folks! Or you’ll be up to your armpits in martians!

Zette—

Awesome site. Knowledge is, indeed, power. I still miss the old Space Invaders and Pong. Man, I could kick ass in Pong.

As far as telling her to “play with herself”, well you know, there are still some things that video games just can’t compare to! :wink:

“…send lawyers, guns, and money…”

Warren Zevon