Help me name my puppy

This name is probably not politically correct, jazzmine, but since it is a Lab, I submit the name, Steppin Fetchit

Peyote, am I missing something. Sometimes I’m too dense. What is not PC about that? It’s very cute, btw. (Besides, I work hard at not being politically correct.)

A dog’s moniker should stem from its environment. My blonde cocker didn’t take long to name. After planting my foot in her ass several times I started calling her Punt. Works for me.

Your dick
Steelwhip

Dear jazzmine:
Sometime before I was born – sometime back in the 30s or 40s – Steppin Fetchit was a black character in a radio comedy. I imagine – I’ve never heard the show – he, she or it was a stereotype just like all other minority characters on that show.
FYI, I heard of Steppin Fetchit through references by Harlan Ellison and others.

Steelwhip, if you were “my” dick, you’d be much, much shorter.

Cool.
I just found my sig.

Try “Dog”. If you have more than one, just number them.

Hey, it worked for my parents.

<FONT COLOR=“GREEN”>ExTank</FONT>
<FONT COLOR=“BLUE”>“Here ‘One’! Here ‘Two’!”</FONT>

LOL!

Well, this is borrowed from a friend; I mentioned it in a previous post and thoroughly messed it up, but…

Ripley, for Sigourney Weaver’s character in “Alien”. Hey, you want strong willed and independent?

Veb

I asked this question a couple of months ago for my kittens.
Someone suggested the names “Jazz” or “Blues”, which I liked, but sounded like dog names to me (Jazz sounds like a particularly frisky name)

(Since I like middle eastern music, I chose terms from ME instead, which is how I have kittens named Masmoudi & Karshilamar)

I always heard that chiggers can’t be boozers, but that belongs in another thread.
Considering the significance of the year, how about:

Agent 99
Twentieth Century Fox
The Apocolab
Miss Siah
Y2K9

I always wanted to name a pet Beelzebub.

Beez for short, naturally…

Yer pal,
Satan

And if you live in the south, you could modify that to Beelzebubba. s

jazzmine: Glad I’m not the only one in here working hard not to be politically correct. Actually I find the work easy, but, I digress. wink How 'bout puppy? That’s a cute name. I like Steppin Fetchit too. My dog’s name was Pat. He liked it when I did that to his head. Good Luck!!!

Espere. Kashini. Electra. Lionna. Althea. Acacia. Zara.

Hehe…The one that named it Ripley thinks like me.

My last dogs name was Bishop. When he had puppies by another Golden Retriever they were named:

Hicks
Hudson
Apone
Vasquez
Dietrich
and Wierbowski (or Baski for short)

Great thing too was they all came when you yelled Fall In (followed the momma and papa)

Now can you guess my favorite movie?

My neighbors have a lab named “Marley” (after Bob Marley). Along that line, you could name him/her after one of your favorite artists. My choice would be Henley.

Names of the dogs I know:

Murphy ( Yellow lab)
Fill Up ( choc. lab)
Molson ( Choc lab)
Chase ( black springer mutt)
Lacey ( ditto)
Hasso ( dunno)
Toc ( Siberian husky)

If you are interested in one heck of a variety of names, I was just told of a great baby name web site that covers all nationalities and has an area for pet names.
www.kabalarians.com

If you are looking for inspiration, try: www.anagramgenius.com

I always thought the name " Your Highness" was very appropriate for a dog or cat.

Here’s another site you could have a look at:

http://www.bowwow.com.au/

Everyone’s being so great! thanks.

I went to a couple of links, find some other ones on my own, and with some of the names suggested here, here’s the list I’ve made so far.

Alpha
Banjo
Belladonna
Cadence
Echo
Einstein
Friday
Infinity
Radar
Murphy
Riply
Rielly
Puzzle
Salem
Chance
Gypsy
Chase
Henley
Chinoa
Taboo
Reilly

I still like Rhapsody and Rapture, but can’t think of anything to call them for short, so will maybe work that into her registered name.

Now, I gotta narrow down the list.

trisha