Help me pick my next Binge Watch

So I’m in a bit of a TV lull. Nothing is really on right now that has my attention. Game of Thrones is still a few weeks off. Homeland and Dexter each wrapped up not-to-long ago and left me feeling a bit empty. I just finished binge watching The Wire and am understandably feeling a big hole in my life without something to follow it up with. I want something good, something I can sink my teeth into.

Some shows I’ve considered: Oz, Six Feet Under, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, The Shield, Californication, House of Cards, Scandal, Sherlock.

I open the question to you folks, what else should I consider? What should I pick? I’ve been searching the web for “best of” lists and seen some high ranked shows that I’ve excluded – Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Deadwood, Walking Dead – perhaps you can convince me I’m wrong.

You can assume I’ve seen most of the big “SDMB” TV favorites: Firefly, X-Files, West Wing, Lost, The Sopranos, House MD

I’m not looking for a formulaic procedural unless it’s truly special, i.e. CSI, NCIS, Law & Order (though I loved it). Not looking for a half-hour comedy, again unless it’s truly must-see. I’m good with Sci-fi, Crime, Fantasy, Period, British, pretty much anything if it’s good.

So, let’s have it, what must I watch next?

All of the above and maybe Lilyhammer.

Terriers.

It’s on Netflix. It’s a single standalone season. And it was criminally not renewed. Oh, and it’s one of the best private eye series I’ve ever seen.

My recs:

1. BREAKING BAD
  2. House of Cards
  3. Six Feet Under
  4. Walking Dead (I think you’re wrong…it’s more deep than you might think!)

I just binge-watched Suits - I loved it very, very much. The writing was superb, as were the characters.

“Sherlock” is also fantastic - I’d recommend that, too.

I recently caught the first two series of Downton Abbey on Netflix. I like it, but I can’t really articulate why.

I’ll also endorse House of Cards, Breaking Bad, Sherlock, and Battlestar Galactica.

Oh yeah, “Breaking Bad” - we didn’t watch it in first run, but we started watching it on Netflix. It really is as good as everyone says it is.

We just finished House of Cards, didn’t go in thinking I’d care for it but dang it’s terrific. 26 episodes so long enough to captvate you but you can binge watch it in a week

Breaking Bad
House of Cards

If you want complete series you can watch beginning to end, I’d go with Breaking Bad and Battlestar Galactica. Oh, and Buffy for some fun in between those. That should keep you busy for a while.

Breaking Bad & Mad Men, watched both. For the record.

Eureka
World At War
Danger UXB

If you haven’t see Babylon 5, you should.

Luther - so so wish this had more seasons - I think it has 2 or 3
Being Human - UK version (haven’t seen the US version)
Orange is the New Black
White Collar (a little light, they say, but I really liked it)

Breaking Bad. Very good.

If you like Game of thrones you’ll probably like The White Queen - it’s basically The War of the Roses as GoT. In fact supposedly much of the political machinations in GoT are based on York (Stark) vs Lancaster (Lannister).

Which version of House of Cards are people suggesting?

Breaking Bad, no contest.

Some thoughts:

[ol]
[li]Foyle’s War[/li][li]A Touch of Frost[/li][li]The original Cracker[/li][li]The Rockford Files[/li][li]WKRP in Cincinnati[/li][/ol]

When I got a Netflix account I watched all of Irish gangland drama Love/Hate. Filming of the final series has just started. There are only 6 episodes per season.

I just got done watching the first two seasons of *Once Upon a Time. * There definitely was that Lost feeling about the whole show (same writer, iirc) and they use a similar story telling technique.

I will say that there are a lot of horses in the show. So if you have a pug who freaks out and barks and scratches at the TV whenever a horse is on like me, you might want to avoid it.

There was another series, I can’t remember the title, but it was about a transexual bounty hunter who is reunited with her children. It really skates that edge of really bad and really good at the same time.