help me please

okay, about a week or two ago I posted a question asking for ideas for a government paper i’m supposed to be writing. I cannot find it in the archives, but I actually liked the ideas. So maybe yall could give me a few more ideas? Any topic having to do with government past 1980? Please, I know this is sort of a homework-ish plea, but this is my first major paper in college, and I really want to do something interesting. Thanks you guys. :slight_smile:

tipi :slight_smile:

Let me get this straight.

You asked for help. Got good answers. Didn’t use them, or print them out, or copy them to your hard drive. You can’t even think of the name of the thread topic.

Now you want help again.

I suggest, for your paper, the title “Destined for Public Assistance: What’s a Government To Do”.

Can’t we all just get along?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Tipi, here’s a link to your original thread. Good luck on your paper http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001021.html

Run for the hills, folks! Or you’ll be up to your armpits in martians!

Try using the Reader’s Guide to Periodic Literature.

Boy, Zette, am I a floating turd in the cesspool of higher education assistance or what? I’ve just not been myself lately.

Chief- I noticed you’ve been a bit tense lately…maybe try a little decaf??? :wink:

And, Tipiwoo- your welcome!!! :::is this thing on??:::

thanks so much zette. and I did try to find the original thread, but every time I did the search it came up with nothing…and I remembered the topic title exactly. oh well. thanks again zette. :slight_smile:

tipi :slight_smile:

Tipi- no problem-
for future reference, I guess the search doesn’t work well on this page…I knew I’d seen your post in the last two weeks, so I just went to the main page of MPSIMS, and at the bottom of the topic list there is a series of numbers, indicating that there are more messages. I just clicked on either 2 or 3 and there it was :slight_smile:

Chief - I have always enjoyed reading Tipi’s posts. I had no clue what thread she was talking about or I would have helped her find it. She seems to be a fine, uptanding (why is that better than “downsitting”?) young lady who will have no problem providing for herself.

All that said, your reply was damn funny!

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

“uptanding”? Try “upstanding”. Sheesh.

Dat’s oh-tay, Doc. I undertand.

Awww… You guys (and gals) are fabulous. I love this mb (even though I kind of miss the old one). I read it every day :slight_smile: even though I don’t seem to post much. Well, just wanted to say thanks. :slight_smile: ttfn.