help naming a bed & breakfast

The Goose and the Gander

(“Michi-gander,” geddit? :wink: )

Too bad it’s not in the Upper Peninsula. Have a Star Trek theme and call it the UPN

The Harrow Inn

A nice Victorian ring to it, with a kind of modern vibe at the same time. Their Fed up and Drunk blog looks interesting.

Drunk?? The Quran forbids drinking! I’m starting to suspect you are not a true Ayatollah.

Tell me about it. I’ve had a hard time fitting in with my ilk, I must admit. But at the end of the day when me and my colleagues let out hair down and just sort of kick back in the compound, we snort Drano and drink boilermakers and watch dance workout videos just like regular folks!

The Red ‘n Feckless Bed n’ Breakfast

I alwaays thouhgt this would make a great name for a pub or b&b

“The Peasant Pluckers Inn and Guesthouse”

Field of Dreams B&B

Auberge Alouette

_______________ Lodge

:dubious:
Dubious face is dubious.

OP, are you close enough to the UP you can expect people to get it if you name your B&B, ‘So Suomi’?

most people will try and correct the spelling…

Most Northern Michiganders are familiar w/ the Finnish word for Finland as there was a college there w/ the same name for about a hundred years.

Thanks everyone, some really good ideas have been generated here!

How about playing off the Victorian gingerbread decorating your inn?
The Gingerbread Inn
The Gingerbread House B&B

Now I’m hungry.

Don’t keep us in suspense, which ones are calling to you so far?

The Pickwick Inn
Pip’s Place
Dickens’ Twist
etc.

The Queen’s Rest

If you use The Gingerbread Inn, you should find a killer gingerbread recipe and provide gingerbread to all your guests.

Stop & Fuck?

You could also include “mitten” (since Michigan is shaped like a mitten) or “blueberry” (since Michigan grows lots of them) in the name. I think The Mitten House has a ring to it.

Stop & Fuck?

Apropos:

http://www.somass-motel.ca/

General advice on naming a B&B.