help naming a bed & breakfast

They probably weren’t over here. We don’t call new builds over here ‘Elizabethan homes’, but they might have that name in the future…

That’s true… the Georgian, Regency, Victorian and Edwardian styles covered the best part of 200 years. Building styles didn’t change with coronations, but the terms are a useful guide.

What about local nature? My cousin once had a b&b called The Blue Heron. It was for the birds at a pond nearby.

Or some other bird name. Eagle’s Rest, Pheasant Run, etc, etc, and so forth.

newhere, I apologize for the unintentional hijack…

Getting back to the OP, ‘The Berkshire Hunt Guest House’ might work…

Thanks so much for helping out, everyone!

My house is a fairly fancy Victorian. Not as in-your-face as San Francisco’s Painted Ladies but it has its fair share of gingerbread and other decorations. The color scheme interior and out is period-true and based on natural colors.

I personally lean more towards Steampunk than true anachronism and I collect oddities and “interestings”.

My town has a lot of antiques shops, but other than that no local attractions historical or natural.

Maybe your initials.

C&C’s B&B. Something like that.

Telegraph Inn

Vernal Inn (for Jules Verne)

Tidewater Inn

The Victorian House Inn

Is it on a lake? In the woods? In a hilly area?
Give us Something!
:smiley:

Simply by dint of its being in Michigan it’s near-ish to water; something like ‘never more than 9 miles from water in any direction’ was what I recall from growing up in Michigan. So it’s a western/southern/rural-themed B&B w/ oddities and ‘interestings’ in an area of antiques but no other note.
Wow.
Are you perhaps midway between places of note? What attracts people to that area in the first place that they’d need/be able to afford staying at your B&B?

No Name Inn.
Who Dat Bungalow.
The LightHouse.
Getaway Gates
Stroker Inn.
A Place to Stay.
The Guest Room.
The Family Nest.
Ram Shack-El Inn
Calm River b&b
5-finger lake Inn
hearthStone b&b
Mantel Place Inn

lol there are no lakes, no woods, no hills, no mountains, no waterfalls, no rivers, no caves anywhere near. There are however corn fields just outside of town :stuck_out_tongue:

The town used to be a logging center (100+ years ago, it’s all gone now) so a lot of streets in town are named for trees. There is a lovely courthouse in the town square, but I am leery of naming myself after it because not many folks have positive associations with courthouses.

The utter dearth of nearby features to name after has had me stumped for quite some time, which is why I am reaching out to all of you.

And yes, I’ve realized this is not the best location. However it’s where I live and I do have the advantage of no other hotels for at least 15 miles in any direction. My clientele will, I think, be mostly the friends and family of locals and not so much the tourist trade.

I just wanna clear this one up. The OTHER guy in the post I linked to was western/rural etc.

My house is well-preserved victorian, with a lot of its original features. Stained glass windows, original 1880’s wallpaper, carved marble fireplace, etc. “A Step Back in Time” would be an accurate summation. (And yes I’ve already shot that down as a name for being too long and clunky).

" a Place for friends to stay"
Maize Mannor
Night in the Country inn

Ayatollah’s B&D B&B is already taken, hope that’s ok.

The answer is obvious…

“Dude! How far is The Old Log Inn?” :smiley:

Weese Inn.

You could be quippy about your proximity to the courthouse - ‘The Ill Eagle Inn’, have a logo of an eagle w/ an old-fashioned icebag on its head as though hungover.

If you’re going for a 1750-1850 England vibe, you could pick out any famous name you like from that era, something like “Rhodes Manor”, “Imperial Manor”, “Austen House”, “Victoria House” etc. You could also name it after the “voyageurs” - the original French explorers of Michigan - or after an native Indian tribe.

The Wolver-Inne?

God that’s bad :frowning:

Are you located on one of those tree-named streets? Something simple like “Elm Street Inn” (or whatever tree) will make it easy for locals to remember where you are when they refer their visitors to you.

The SURE, that’s your wife! Wink wink, Inn.
(now 95% hidden camera free!)