Help! New interface = Unable to edit my profile

Never mind. I found out if I tap or long press a particular area on the left side of the banner, it goes to the main forum page. But only in that particular area. It still doesn’t act like a mouse-over on a PC, though, which is what I assume you mean by “hover.”

I can see where to edit my signature, but I can’t see any place to change the default to not showing it. “Edit Signature” doesn’t have any checkboxes at all, and “edit options” has an option (under “Visible Post Elements”) whether to see everyone else’s signatures, but not to show your own.

On my iPhone, by pressing and holding the linked item instead of tapping it.

That area, on both my laptop and my iPhone, is, as I said before, the words “THE STRAIGHT DOPE”–it should work just as well on the first “T” as it does on the “E”.

If you hover over a link on a laptop/PC web browser without clicking on it, it shows you the destination of the link. In the age of phishing scams, that’s a standard browser feature. On my iPhone, as I said above, holding the link instead of releasing provides the same service.

There isn’t a way–the default is set to show it automatically. You have to turn it off manually for every post.

If you’re not seeing how to do that, click either “Reply” (or “Reply with Quote”) or “Additional Options” below the Quick Reply box.

On the reply screen, there is a section called “Additional Options”–“Show your signature” is the first.

It’s the exact same procedure that you used to follow to turn it on, only now the default switched.

It is my birthday and I attempted to goose up my age by one and it didn’t take. I just assumed I made another geezer fuckup. Perhaps I will try again.