Hemsley's dog may be sued.

If you haven’t heard, Leona Helmsley left her dog Trouble $12 million in her will.

This is just too funny.

[QUOTE]
Helmsley’s former housekeeper claims the dog bit her numerous times during her three-month job with the hotel queen… [and] had sued her employer in 2004 over one of those bites, but lost the case when a judge ruled Helmsley was protected from liability under the Workers Compensation Law.

Sfara’s son, Remus Pop, told The New York Times this week that his mother was asking lawyers to look at going after Trouble’s inheritance.

“That is the next step,” Pop told the Times. “That dog got money. That money is going to be taken away from that dog.”

How the hell does one sue a dog?

OK, serious question - if money is left to a pet, what happens when that pet dies intestate?

I believe the money is in a trust fund, so I imagine the fund would be sued. I have no idea what it’s liability might be for actions that took place before the fund existed and before the dog had such deep pockets.

Would this be like the Goldman’s who keep going after OJ’s money-making schemes?

I hope the dog represents himself.

Headline: Dog Inherits the Wind

That would be barking up the wrong tree.

It would be a ruff road.

Obviously, we need Harvey Birdman on this case.

I guess he can’t use the “I don’t have a dog in this fight” defense.