Here's what happens when you get 217 COVID booster shots

Turns out not much. Link won’t display properly, so here’s the short version: a guy in Germany got 217 COVID immunization shots over 29 months, allegedly so he could sell vax cards. Medical researchers, upon hearing about the legal case, became interested in the medical case, so they reached out to him and discovered that he really doesn’t have any side effects to speak of:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/06/health/covid-217-shots-hypervaccination-lancet/index.html

For once, the Discourse feature of suggesting other threads on the same topic was useful instead of amusing. Since I went to the bother of creating it, here’s a gift link to the WaPo article on it:

The man would not give a reason for getting so many shots. I suspect OCD, especially since he insisted on getting another one from the researchers studying him.

It says in the OP that he was selling vax cards

That’s what the authorities investigating him thought, but their job is to be suspicious of such behavior. It’s not what he reported.

If that guy some day still got infected with Covid-19 after all that, then there is truly no hope for the rest of us.

On a serious note, AIUI, the problem with so many shots is the preservatives and other chemicals contained therein. It’s one thing to get 3-9 shots in one year, it’s another to get hundreds.

IMO … Your comment is a nonsense. Or I misunderstood your intent.

The vaccine reduces severity of infection and prevents many potential infections from gaining a foothold sufficient to be symptomatic. The measure of merit is not “prevents anyone from ever getting COVID”; it’s “Prevents most people most times from getting COVID and prevents nearly all cases of severe COVID.”

More vaccine does not produce more immunity. At least not beyond a certain threshold. If your immune system has the ability to remain hypervigilant against COVID for e.g. 6 months, then is merely vigilant thereafter, then there is benefit to vaxxing every 6 months, but no further benefit to vaxing every 3 months, every 3 weeks, or every 3 days.

COVID is now part of the human experience. Akin to flu in that regard. Substantially everyone, vaxxed or otherwise, will have a mild case now and again in their life. That does not equate to “truly no hope” by any reasonable definition of those terms.

Except this guy has in fact had hundreds, and appears to be suffering no ill effects from any of the ingredients in the vaccines. This guy is a walking poster man-child for the safety of the COVID vaccines.

I’m just amazed – according to the accepted lore, this guy should be so magnetic by now that he should be getting metal objects flying into him from miles away, and so loaded with microchips that he’s constantly signaling his location to every spy agency on the planet and several on Pluto, and radiating so much RF that he’s opening garage doors and starting parked cars as he walks by! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I smell a reality show!

Is this according to anti-vaxxers, or a reputable cite? Because it sounds like anti-vaxxer Andrew Wakefield BS.

My OCD works like that.

Glad clearer minds than mine are in control. Sometimes.

The next sentence started “on a serious note,” so clearly that was intended as a joke. ( Unless that was edited in after you made your reply.)

I think that was an edit, but I’m not prepared to swear to that.

No concerns here either way.