Heroes 4-12 'The Fifth Stage' (11/30/09) (Spoilers)

or milo in real life just plain doesn’t like zachary quinto and wasn’t acting at all.

Yeah, much as it pains me to admit it, I agree - by his standards, that was disappointing. I’d quite like to be able to blame the flat delivery on him channelling Sylar but I think the only reason they stuck that earlier quick reappearance of Sylar up on the roof, wittering on about crucifying Peter in Times Square was to assure the viewers that yes, they could accept the rest of the character’s utterances as being said by Nathan. Probably.

Is the rest of the show being chucked under the Zamboni too?

I must admit, anything with Sendil Rammamurthy and David Tennant in it will absolutely be my favorite show on principle.

Annie, I also would enjoy seeing Sendhil in a lighter role too. And as the pilot they are talking about will also apparently have Jeffrey Tambor in it as well as Tennant, that’s quite a cast.

Heroes getting cancelled would make me sad. Not as sad as it would have made me if they hadn’t just asked Adrian Pasdar to clear his desk, but still pretty sad. Mind you, whilst I think them ever seeing another series must be touch and go (at best), I think Entertainment Weekly and Heroes have quite a lot of bad feeling between them so I think it is fair to say they would not be presenting the most optimistic of possible outcomes.

What do you mean? Did the cast walk out on a photo shoot or something?

I think it all started when EW were granted a lot of access to do a big cover story on Heroes during S2 and then turned around and instead they turned in a hostile cover story about how much the show sucked. I might be wrong but I think after that, the show banned them from the set.

More recently, Michael Auseillo of EW ran a story that Adrian Pasdar found out his leaving date by reading it in the pages of the script rather than being told by the producers. That produced a hell of a lot of anger from the show’s producers, some of the junior ones went into print about how they think EW are spiteful liars and how much they hate them.

The article was from E’s faux ‘insider’ who usually forgets to rewrite the press releases and gossip overheard in the toilet stalls before she reports them as scoops. The only thing really operating in Heroes favor for renewal is that everything else(non reality) on that network is tanked out even worse.

I can’t help but hear that South Park Mormon episode/song in my head whenever I watch Heroes.

“Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb!”