Hey cat people-Netflix doc about cats

My brother recommended this Netflix show to me. I haven’t seen it yet, am thinking about other things at the moment, will see it another day.

There was a line in the trailer - “Cats are wild animals living in your home.” Yes they are, in some ways, but this is what I have always thought - Cats are moving works of art in your home.

Thanks for posting this; I’ll check it out.

I already have it on my list to watch. Mrs FtG is very much a cat person. (But maybe not so much for the current feline which is … problematic.) Maybe learn something helpful.

Me and my cat watched it last night. We both enjoyed it.

I asked my dog, and he told me it was just cat propaganda and not to watch it. I always do what my dog tells me to do.

Unrelated to this tread, I just finished it. As a cat liker I found it interesting if not very scientifically accurate. It is about cats after all, and much of what the show tells us they are thinking seems fanciful - especially since no two cats are alike. However, it was enjoyable to watch.

You are a wise dolphin boy.

Of course the dog doesn’t want you to watch it! They’re not stupid. They know cats are smarter.

I loved the concept of FRAP - Frenetic Random Activity Periods, aka “the zoomies.”

I happened to watch this over the weekend. Not much I didn’t already know, but still fun to watch. Some research is showing that cats living in America have different behaviors than cats living in Japan; apparently due to cultural differences in the humans.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Watched it last night.

Most of it was “meh”. A few good points once in a while.

There was too much generalization. E.g., a cat that bares its teeth and hisses. Angry, right? Sometimes. We have a cat (and had others) where this was a sign it wanted to play.

Not nearly enough about cat language. E.g., the “b-yip” they make when they jump up on the bed. Or the “tr-EE” they make when they greet you coming in.

I saw it yesterday, and it is great! I consider myself a cat person, but I learned a number of things that I didn’t know.

I looked up the American’s Got Talent video they showed a couple of clips from