Hey, I'm still alive...

Hey, dopers. It’s my own fault, but I’ve been decidedly absent of late. But hopefully, Buddha willing, I will be a leeeetle bit more present. But I’m out of the loop. What’s new? Have I missed any big news? And what have you all been up to lately?

I’m waitressing full time at two different resturants, and been experiancing a lot of personal drama. Some good, some bad, nothing too traumatic. I’m looking at moving to New York and enrolling in school, my dream school is Eugene Lang at New School, but I don’t know if I can afford it. Media Psychology. That’s about it, I guess. Oh, one thing I think you guys will dig: Spike Lee came to UVM for a lecture, and I asked two questions at the open Q+A, and Spike said BOTH of my questions were “good questions.” I was the only one who had TWO good questions. HAH. And I got a tattoo. And I got my tougue pierced. But that’s about it.

So how did the tongue piercing thing work out? You happy with it? I confess I’ve wondered about getting one…

Oh and move to NY. :slight_smile:

Hi. Welcome back.
Um…yeah…that’s it.
Hi.

Oh yeah. That’s not it.
I certainly don’t mean to dredge up bad memories. I mean, that’s not my intention, but I was curious about something. You mentioned switching schools and I remember back in ye ol’ yonder times you said something about fighting with your friend’s organization over losing your scholarship. Is that what happened? If so, I’m sorry.
Media Psych sounds like a pretty cool major.

SWIDDLES!!! So glad to see you around here again!

It’s Old Home Week! It does my heart good to see old-time members drifting on back. Could you maybe give Demo a pep talk?

SWIDDLES!! YAY!! I know we don’t really know each other that well, but I swear to God, just the other day I was thinking, “Where the hell are the old posters? Like Swiddles?”

So – tell us about the tattoo.

WHOA!

Wow! Thought you were long gone.

You haven’t missed much, except for my change in ranting about Communists to Communists and Taliban sympathizers.

Nothing else is really new. Actually been kinda slow around here lately.

Tripler
Don’t worry, I’m still the same psychopath ya used to know and love.

Swiddles? What’s a Swiddles? Is that what my niece will be asking for, for Christmas this year, and the stores will be all out of them? :confused:

Welcome back, Swiddles - we missed ya! :slight_smile:

Well, we all must change with the times.

As for the tat question: it’s this and it’s on my left hip, just above the pant line, so it’s visible if I’m not careful. And as we all know, I’m rarely careful. Heh.

Bah, I just ran a search. No Demo. Bah. Who else left?

Oh, one more interesting Swiddlebit: my little cat got crystals in his urine that clogged his wee-wee, and the vet had to run catheters. The total cost: $480. Plus the little bugger almost died. There, I think that’s the last 6 months or so up to date. Kinda.

In the past six months we learned that Eve used to be Adam. No, I don’t mean she was a sock puppet.

That’s the biggest revelation I can think of that you weren’t around for.

We all decided we love Eve regardless of her plumbing.

I’m pretty much a lurker now myself, so I don’t know what’s going on, except with the NY crew. Welcome back, and by all means, move to NY! We’re fun.

:smiley:

I’m pretty much a lurker now myself, so I don’t know what’s going on, except with the NY crew. Welcome back, and by all means, move to NY! We’re fun.

:smiley:

We’ve also discovered that vix is twins, and therefore everything she says gets posted twice. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good to see you on the board again, hon. Move to New York. That is all.

Hey! I was wondering where you went to. And I heard the Spike Lee thing wasn’t too impressive. What’d you think?

Hey Swiddles!

When you drive down to NY again I’ll be more than happy to come along for the ride and break your car again.