Hey, I've been Membered!

Thanks to whoever anonymously paid for my Membership. I have no idea when you did it; I just noticed it! :smiley:

congrats!! :slight_smile:

Better membered than dismembered, I always say.

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer person, present company excluded. :wink:

Maybe the anonymous donor said to themself, “Hmm, should WhyNot be a member? Why not?”
:slight_smile:

Congratulations!

It’s only good for nine months, though. Try - just *try *to re-member this guy in September.

Our blessings on your member.

I noticed it in the ATMB thread “How do you rationalize not becoming a member of SDMB?” - you were talking about not being a member with Member under your name and I found it amusing. So … guess it happened a bit over 2 weeks ago, if that thread was the trigger for the anonymous benefactor.

Ah-HA! So I’m only half as clueless as I feared. I wasn’t on a computer at all last week; I was using my cellphone to read and post. So I didn’t miss “Member” last week - I couldn’t see it! I have no excuse if it was changed prior to Dec 27, though. Days before that, if it was there, I just didn’t see it.

It was actually my Location being displayed that I noticed. It was from a long, long time ago in a galaxy far far away, when many of the board’s Obama supporters made some play on “Obama” in our Location tags as a sign of support and cliquish fun. So, um, updated that now!

You’ve never said that in your life, twickster.
:slight_smile:

Being membered sounds very patriarchal.

One of these days I’m going to pay for a Texas mission’s dues.

So I can, you know, member the Alamo.
mmm