HEY YOU GUYYYYYYS!!! The Electric Company on DVD

Ho…ly…Holy!
Cr…ap…Crap!

The Electric Company is coming to DVD next week! Granted, it’s a Best Of type thing, but four disks ain’t bad. I’ve been waiting for this ever since I taped two hours of TEC off of Noggin when that channel first started. I’m not the only one excited about this, am I? Am I???

Here’s a trailer to get you pumped!

They don’t make educational shows like that anymore :frowning:

And with good reason! Disco is best left dead and buried.

Amazon wish list: opened, added.

One of my regrets from my teenage years is that I let my mother give away my Electric Company album. Probably won’t buy this set but I’ll rent it.

Oh, man. I can’t wait to get my refund so I can drop fifty bucks on this.

If it was good enough for me, it’s good enough for my kid!

Robin

Oooooh…temptation! Spaghetti with a Spoon. Who can turn a dam into a dame? Silently, silently, silent - l.y. Upside-down Town. Spiderman, where are you comin’ from? Spiderman, nobody knows who you are! Heyyyy, youuuuu guyyyyys! And what about…Naomi?

Oh, man. Oh, man. Oh, man. My mouseclick finger’s twitching…

I remember a song, sung in the style of Johnny Cash, about how to convert verbs to the past tense; Old Friend E-D. That one might not play quite the same these days.

And I’ve heard that Morgan Freeman wasn’t happy during his time there. Really, really wasn’t happy. That’s put a bit of a damper on my memories of the show.

But I was a Tom Lehrer fan for years before I actually knew that I was.

I had no idea that Gene Wilder was the voice of Letterman.

I’ll be ordering it as soon as I get home from work.

COME ON EVERYBODY!!

We’re gonna turn it on
We’re gonna bring you the power
We’re gonna light up the dark of night like the brightest day in a whole new way
We’re gonna turn it on
We’re gonna bring you the power
It’s coming down the lines, strong as they can be through the courtesy of The Electric Company
The Electric Company
The Electric Company!

And Joan Rivers was the narrator for Letterman. And Tom Lehrer wrote so many songs for the show!

That’s a great trailer :slight_smile:

OMIGOSH.

I KNEW those gift certificates to Best Buy were being saved for something :smiley: .

Now if they’d release 3-2-1 Contact, so that I can get the Bloodhound Gang, I’ll be very happy.

Heh! Whenever there’s trouble, we’re there on the double! Bloodhound Detective Agency. Mr. Bloodhound isn’t here.

Damn…you people are evoking my childhood here…

T-I-O-N, shun shun shun shun! Spells revolutiooooonnnnn…

YAY!

So, whatever happened to that guy who played Easy Reader? He was my hero when I was a kid.

Scraping the bottom of the obscurity barrel, I’m sure.

I missed the demographic for The Electric Company, but probably ought to check it out for the grandkids. What I want are 3-2-1 Contact and Square One.

:smiley:

I know what happened to the guy who played Fargo North, Decoder. He voiced a certain cat in a certain Bakshi x-rated cartoon…