High School Colors

Didn’t have school colors in elementary school.
Middle School - blue & orange. Mascot - “Cougars”
High School - blue & orange. Mascot - “Bearcats” (jes’ like Cranky’s!)
Undergrad & Grad - blue & gold. No mascot that I know of - we were “The Bombers” - never saw anyone dressed in a plush bomb outfit running around the sports fields.

Elementary - Penguins (Light Blue & Yelloe)
Jr. High - Pathfinders (Orange & White)
High School - Fighting Irish (Green & Yellow)
College - Fighting Tigers (Purple & Yellow)

Oops, forgot - someone mentioned fraternity colors:

Mine (co-ed fraternity) - black and gray.

[ul]
[li]Grade School - blue/orange (Jets)[/li][li]Middle School - don’t remember[/li][li]High School[/li]Freshman year - green/white (Bears)
Sophomore year - black/gold/white (Bruins)
Junior & Senior years - red/white (Rebels)
[/ul]

Whoah, whoah, whoah …

Co-Ed Fraternity??
What the hell is that all about? Doesn’t fraternity mean “Brotherhood”?
You kids these days with your tolerance and your co-ed this and your co-ed that. Why in my day, we had to sneak across the quad and knock-out the sorority’s house-mother cold and then hog-tie her like a POW, if we wanted a decent panty raid. And we LIKED it!!

My high school colors were Blue, Gray and White. The Madawaska Owls - We don’t give a hoot!

College colors I think were Green and Yellow, but the only colors I saw through most of college were swirled up together and dripping down the walls, if you see what I’m talking about.

My elementary and junior high schools borrowed their colors and mascot from the high school, so we were red, white, and blue all the way. Our mascot was a bear–I think some of the younger teams were “Cubs”.

My college colors were purple and gold, and our mascot was a tiger (no plush outfit there–Mike would’ve ripped you apart and had you for dinner if you tried to put him in one :wink: ).

Untwist thy knickers and give an ear…

Yes, co-ed fraternity - we were a professional, not a social fraternity. Been co-ed for a number of years (somewhere around the 70s). Had one side of an on-campus dormitory for our members (shared with a few non-members) - no actual houses on campus.

Sorternity and Frarority just didn’t cut it. We went with Fraternity as a moniker.

And who’re you calling a ‘kid’???

Now about that hog-tying…

Elementary colors? That’s a real laugh
Junior High - didn’t have one
High School - Blue and White - Avondale Blue Devils
College - Purple and While - Sewanee Tigers

I would love to see some of the uniforms with some of the color combinations mentioned and I’m not picking on Vomit Orange, either.[list][list][list][list][list][list][list]:o

My 1st Elementary school’s colors-Blue, White, Gold
My 2nd Elementary school’s colors-Green, White, Gold
Junior High colors-Blue, White, Silver
1st High School’s colors-Blue, White, Gold
2nd High School’s colors- Maroon, White, Silver

Hi Dlgirl!

High School - Green & Blue
College - Red & Black (UGA Baby!)

Elem: blue & white
Middle: black & orange
High: blue & white

Elementary through High School-orange & black. (Orioles)
It was a small rural area with a lot of country folk, so we called it hunter orange. Our mascot was Ollie the Oriole. He looked like a chicken hawk on steroids.

Once while my grandmother was visiting, she made the comment that the school was already decorated for Halloween.
It was June.:rolleyes:

College was blue & silver (Stars)

You went to a Jesuit University, didn’t you? It’s either Maroon/Gold or Blue/Gold.

My high school colors, for instance, were maroon/gold, at good’ol Loyola Academy. My sister, who just graduated from Marquette, had blue/gold.

Regards,
Joseph

1st-12th grade: Green & White & Black. We were the eagles. We didn’t have an actual dress-em-up mascot, but there was an ancient taxidermy eagle in the lobby of the gym, all dusty and decrepit-looking. It was… creepy.

College #1: Oh, gosh, I have no idea. Maroon and grey maybe? I was only there one year, and I’m not a sportsy girl. The name of the team was the Bulldogs, though; I know this only because everything was “Bulldog” this and “Bulldog” that. (And based on what someone else posted I really really glad I left before that Who Let The Dawgs Out song came out.)

College #2: Blue and Orange, but ya don’t see it around very often, probably cos that’s such a hideous combination. The the boys teams are called the Lumberjacks. The girls are the Lumberjills. Please stop laughing.

Middle school - Columbia Blue and White
High School - Maroon and White
University - Scarlet and Black (Go Tech!)

Out here in the rural Mid-west we have been going through a generalized crises of school consolidation for the last 40 years or more. Determining the new consolidated school’s colors has caused more tavern brawls than anything, save women. It is a fight that is repeated each time the consolidated school amoeba-like engulfs another under populated district. I had the misfortune to be on the citizens committee to select the new colors and new fight song the last time out local consolidated system swallowed up another neighbor. The original school colors were blue and white. The first victim’s colors were blue and gold. The most recent acquisition’s colors were red and white. A trial balloon for green and orange was rejected as not being sufficiently respectful of our common heritage, i.e., nobody got to cling to their old colors. The compromise that was accepted was that the colors of the consolidated school would be (drum rolls and trumpets) blue and red and yellow (gold?) with white piping. Democracy in action. Ain’t it wonderful.

Junior High: Red and White (mascot was some red bird…)
High School: Black and Orange (“Pirates”)
Junior College: Cardinal and Gold (“Mustangs”)
University: Blue and Gold (“Bears”)

Um, as you can see from the below I had a rather complicated childhood:

E.S. 1 - FIIK (Fuck If I Know) (Kindergarten)
E.S. 2 - FIIK (Kindergarten)
E.S. 3 - FIIK (Grades 1 and 2)
E.S. 4 - Light Green and Dark Green (Grade 3)
E.S. 5 - Blue and White (I think)- “Stars” - Grades 4-6, my record for consecutive years
M.S. 1 - Maroon & Gold (I think) - “Warriors” - Grade 7
M.S. 2 - Light Blue and Dark Blue - “Cobras” - Grade 8 (The school, then brand new, was named for Martin Luther King, nudge-nudge.)
H.S. 1 - Blue and White - “Blazers” - Grades 9 and 10
H.S. 2 - Blue and Gold - “Trojans” (Stop that! It’s old!) -Grades 11 and 12

College - Blue and “Maize,” a light yellow - “Knights”

Law School - Purple and White. To file under "even-lamer-than-“Trojans”: NYU has the odd distinction of two team names. The traditional team name is a bit, um, unfortunate: the Violets, apparently so named in the 1800s after a patch of violets that grew outside Main Hall on Washington Square. So the university changed the name in the early 80s to Bobcats, which sounds semi-normal until you learn that it was based on…the library’s electronic catalog. (It’s Bobst - “Boabst” - Library, ergo BobCat.)

No I don’t. If you look at my later posting, you will see that I attend Arizona State University and that our mascot is Sparky the Sun Devil. He is maroon and gold. I’m guessing the reason for maroon and gold is because, um, it was pretty? :smiley:

Sparky the Sun Devil?

Of course, my high school had the appelation of “The Ramblers.” No, nobody there could explain it. It just was.