High School Colors

While I can’t imagine that anyone would read this thread throught the second page, I’ll post anyway.

High School: Green and Gold (It’s getting late, and I just thought that green should be spelled “grean.” Scary.)

I am about to start my senior year of high school, yet I can’t quite remember my junior high school colors. Possibly green and white, but I really don’t know. Sad. I don’t think we even had colors in elementary, but our mascot was the panda. Pretty dang cool, I’d say.

Yup, Sparky the Sun Devil. I couldn’t find an pic of the actually mascot though. I will try. They don’t make it easy for me.

Grade School: royal blue and gold
Highschool: royal blue and white
College: forest green and gold
College: purple and gold

I do mean “actual”. And I still haven’t found the real-life mascot.

Grammar School: Salt-and-Pepper Slacks and Blue/Green Plaid Skirts. (Catholic School: What? Are you going to call recess organized sports?)

High School: (What the hell is middle school?) Royal Purple and Gold. Yep, us and the Vatican.

College: Blue and Gold. I think those are the colors of every college in the University of California system, but I could be wrong…

MonkeyMensch, middle school is Junior high or 7th, 8th and sometimes 9th grade. My Elementary and Junior High schools were combined. It was a small Catholic school, right down the street from my university.

Did you like the uniform that you wore? I loved mine. I don’t know why. Elementary/Jr. High was in a transition phase, so didn’t have to wear a uniform if you didn’t want to. There was a definite dress code though. I didn’t mind. In my Catholic High School, we wore uniforms. Loved those, as I could just reach in my closet and pull out a shirt, skirt, and maybe a sweatshirt. They were very strict on skirt and short length as girls always hiked those up. I didn’t though. Maybe that is why I was never asked out. :frowning: I wore a skirt everyday, unless there was mass. We could dress up for it, unless asked not to. (Yeah, our school was very strange in the dress code regard. I do not even want to explain.) The skirt was(is, I still have it and the rest of my uniform)navy and green plaid with yellow and red stripes. Uniform shirts were white polos with our school name embroidered in red on the upper left. I don’t think you want me to get any more detailed so I will save you more eye-wrenching details. Really, they weren’t awful.

Sorry, I get carried away. :rolleyes:

I thought Middle school was 6th, 7th, and 8th grade?

Just want to add my school’s mascots.

Middle School: Was the Warriors when I was there, but they changed it a couple of years after I left because it was an Indian, and they started getting lots of complaints about it.
High School: Raiders.
University: Eagles.

Did you go to Mooseheart? Besides the high school my sister went to in Michigan, its the only Ramblers I’ve ever heard of. The story at my sisters high school says it was because they had to play all their sporting events away and the teams would pile into Nash Ramblers to get to all their games.

Depends on the local school board. I started off with in a combination grade & junior high school. They decided to move 5th Grade upstairs with 6th thru 8th the same year I started 5th. The following summer, we moved to Brewster, NY (Putnam County), and I was in Middle School for 6th thru 8th. The high school I graduated from (Riverdale in Jefferson, LA) was 10th - 12th but added 9th when I started my senior year.

Middle School: Blue & White
High School: Blue & Orange (yuck). Mascot was a giant parrot brandishing a t-square…
University 1: Gold (yellow?) & Black
University 2: None that I know of

Wilson Junior High (middle school): Green and White (Cavaliers)

Eisenhower High School – Red, White and Blue (Cadets)

Washington State University – Crimson and Grey (Cougars)

No grad school yet. WON’T do the Husky/Purple-n-Gold thing, though!

grade school/middle school: red and white
high school: maroon and gold
university: maize and blue
more university: maroon and…something. Grey, I think…

(first post - hi everybody!)

elementary school: blue/gold, Warriors
middle/high school: grey/dark blue/white, Falcons
college: purple/white, Sewanee Tigers (what year, kniz?)

Elementary (Blazers): maroon and gold (I returned years later to find that they’d changed to navy and white. Boy was I pissed!)
Middle School (Titans): green and yellow. I dunno if they called it gold or not, but it certainly wasn’t.
High School (Tornadoes): freaking purple and white!
Community College (Vaqueros): crimson and gold, though 99% of the students don’t know that any more than they know what a Vaquero is.
Soon-to-be University (Anteaters, for crying out loud): the ubiquitous blue and gold.

My high school’s cross-town rivals had red and black. Their gym uniforms must’ve looked much cooler than ours.

Elementary school/Junior High: blue and white
Middle School/High School: red and white, black sometimes thrown in. People who liked red and white said the school colors were red and white; people who liked red, white, and black said the school colors were red, white, and black.
Multiple junior colleges: I don’t know. I don’t think I ever knew.
University: maroon and gold. And here is a picture of a real live Sparky.

Elementary school–can’t remember.
Middle School (6,7,8)–green and gold (Eagles)
High School–brown, white, orange (Bengals)
College–green and yellow (Bulls)

Academy colors: Cherry and Grey
Never say red and white

Elementary: I attended a small private school with no sports teams, so they didn’t need colors.
Middle school: Black and yellow.
High school: Red, white, and black. The high school that I attrended had formerly been the city’s black school during segregation. It was named for Paul Laurence Dunbar, a black poet, and the colors were green and white. When the school was moved to a new building in the 80’s, some people wanted to keep the name and colors, while others wanted new ones. They compromised my keeping the name, but getting new colors and a new mascot.
College: Black and gold.

I got ya all beat for the most strange colors

Texas Orange and white

thats right, we even made up our own color…

http://www.eldoradoeagles.com/