Hijack - Idris Elba - AppleTV

Hijack on AppleTV just dropped the final episode of the series. I thought it was well acted and entertaining. Basically a 7 hour flight from Dubai to London is hijacked and one of the passengers is deal negotiator Sam Nelson, played by Elba. The series plays out over seven episodes over seven hours (think 24). The drama unfolds over real time. Worth a looksy if you have AppleTV.

Seconded - always good, always keeps you guessing what will happen next. At its best - in the second last episode - I almost forgot to breathe for 10 mins as the plot twisted twice with a pike and somersault and went in a new direction without either destroying its own internal logic or lessening the tension.

Three chefs hats, plus one extra that Idris Elba gets to wear.

I binge-watched the whole series yesterday, and also recommend it! The action was more compelling than I expected, and none of the characters – even secondary ones – felt unrealistic. And yeah, high marks for the plot twist. Well-acted all around, too.

It was fun to spot familiar faces other than Idris Elba:

• Eve Myles (Gwen Cooper on Torchwood)
  • Archie Panjabi (Kalinda Sharma on The Good Wife)
  • Ben Miles (Patrick Maitland on Coupling)
  • Max Beesley (I very recently re-watched Suits, and he had a recurring role)
  • Marcus Garvey (Pete Lawson on Broadchurch)

I know that all of the above have done lots of other work in addition to the roles/shows I mention; these are just the things I saw that led me to recognize them. :slight_smile:

I just remembered something that actually did bug me a little:

How was there not an armed air marshal on board?! At first I thought maybe air marshals were just a US thing, but I looked it up and the UK has had an armed air marshal program since 2002. I kept expecting one of the passengers to reveal themselves as a LEO.

I thought even in the US in the post 9/11 years, armed air marshals were only present on some flights, not every single one.

So that didn’t bother me as much.

Thanks for this. Great username/post combo! :wink:

This show was a very entertaining action heist thriller. As others have mentioned, it was very well acted and the few plot holes that popped up weren’t distracting enough to take away from the overall experience. Definitely worth a watch if you’re looking for something fun and self-contained. As much as I enjoy big budget spectacles and “prestige” shows, it’s still nice to have a fun show to watch.

I thought that at the last second we would find out that Idris Elba was the air Marshall the whole time.

Dewey_Finn: I still expected there to be a marshal on that flight. :grin:

JohnGalt: That never occurred to me, but wouldn’t have been surprising!