Hmmm..the boards are truly screwy

I just got the minute posting error in the pit. And I know it had been much more than a minute since I posted. It was my first post in the pit today.

I’m geting something different… there are seven replies to this thread at the moment, but none of them are showing up on the main Pit page.

It seems to be doing that all over. This very thread that we are in showed no responses when I clicked on it. I even went back out, and refreshed, and it didn’t show up.

That and I don’t think I’ve seen the “Thank you for posting …” screen in days. It always freezes up. I stop the load but my post ends up showing up in the thread anyway.
That must be the reason for the spate of double-posts I’ve been seeing too.

Weird … as I tried to post this response it gave me the “you have to wait 60 seconds” message. But my last post (one which I had to crash) was like 5 minutes ago – at least. Let’s try it again …

I’m seeing what both of y’all report and the searches I’ve tried today have all timed out.

Warning: 1 is not a MySQL result index in admin/db_mysql.php on line 82

Warning: Oops, php3_SetCookie called after header has been sent in global.php on line 675

Warning: Oops, php3_SetCookie called after header has been sent in global.php on line 676
the above showed up when I tried to post! Help!!

When I make a new post, it’ll post but I don’t get the happy “Thank you for posting your message…if the moderator…etc” message. It just sits there on the preview screen.

Fenris

I noticed the post counts and number of posts in the threads are all out of whack now…weird

I got that when I tried to go into Great Debates. :frowning: This makes me sad…

I had that happen this afternoon. It finally went through, but I don’t know how long it took because I went off and washed dishes. When I came back, it had double posted, 6 minutes apart. :confused:

I’ve noticed a whole bunch of double-posted threads today.

I’ve also seen the wrong times/ post counts…one thread I looked at didn’t show the last post on the forum page, and the time for the next to last post (which did show on the forum listing) was off by like 20 minutes.

Also having the search timeout problem.

SDMB is sick. :frowning:

Is there some big Modfest going on tonight that we don’t know about? Hey guys, there’s a bunch of weird stuff going on! What’s the story? :slight_smile:

Heh. They’re all sitting around, frantically consulting technical manuals: “Beer spilled in server… Beer spilled in server… okay, page 42”.

I’m glad it’s just not me havin these problems.

[sub]I am now clicking Submit Reply at 1:24 am, 1:24 I got to go to bed[/sub]

This seems like an appropriate place and time to do a test. I don’t seem to be able to post at all (and of course, once I say that, this particular test post is sure to work). I can’t search or post, something is amiss…

The problems enumerated, which I also witnessed, seem now to have cleared up.

But not for long.

Since Wednesday or so it’s been very difficult to get to the SDMB. At first I blamed it on high traffic, but I found that it is happening at low-traffic times as well. At 8:00 am or so on Sunday, it was taking more than 2 minutes to load GD - with traffic being only 60 or so total persons.

From traceroute:

Tracing route to boards.straightdope.com [65.201.198.9] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 20 ms 31 ms 20 ms (censored by Una)

2 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms (censored by Una)

3 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms (censored by Una)

4 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms sl-gw9-kc-2-0.sprintlink.net [160.81.18.233]

5 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms sl-bb20-kc-1-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.23.49]

6 30 ms 30 ms 40 ms sl-bb23-chi-11-2.sprintlink.net [144.232.8.202]

7 270 ms 400 ms 360 ms sl-gw31-chi-9-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.10.50]

8 390 ms 550 ms 410 ms sl-chicagoreader-1-0.sprintlink.net [144.223.0.22]

9 40 ms 40 ms 40 ms 65.201.198.9

Trace complete.

I don’t think this helps any, but it may.

This is bringing back (bad) memories. I was using search at 12 am Eastern Saturday (Yes, I have a life. Posting on a MB at midnight on a Saturday is a “life”, ain’t it?) and I got an error message. It said it had automatically e-mailed the tech staff about the problem.

Hmmm…seeing as my last post took 12 minutes to make it to the SDMB. Looks like I’ll be staying away for a bit.

Yeah, I get a hang sometimes when posting but I don’t hit SUBMIT again, I just close the submit window & I noticed things get posted anyway.

Anthracite, Im surprised you posted about a traceroute, I always get chewed out when I do that.