Horror soundtrack?

I have heard this particular organ instrumental at the begining of many campy horror flicks (Dracula, Frankenstein,
the Wolf Man, etc.), and also at the beginning and end of James Caan’s original “ROLLERBALL”.

What’s the title this creepy music’s called?

Could it possibly be “Adagio” by Tomaso Albinoni? The IMDB lists it under “Soundtrack” for Rollerball. They don’t list anything else.

I imagine you’re thinking of the Toccata and Fugue in D minor by Johann Sebastian Bach (BWV 565). You can here a couple of samples of it here.

Toccata and Fugue in D minor is commonly known as “the song from phantom of the opera”. I’m not sure that’s the one enolancooper is looking for (though it’s a great song!)…

-Dani

Uh, FRANKENSTEIN and DRACULA and THE WOLF MAN are “campy horror movies” ?

Correction: FRANKENSTEIN (1931) is a classic of world cinema; THE WOLF MAN (1941) is a darn good flick; and DRACULA (1931) sucks.

Bach’s “Toccata in D Minor” (horror movies rarely make it to the “Fugue” part) does not figure in the sound track of any of these films. It IS, however, used in ROLLERBALL.

For the record, the creepy music used during the opening credits of Universal Studios’ DRACULA and THE MUMMY (1933) is from Tchaikovsky’s ballet SWAN LAKE.