Horsecleaning Announcement

What are you talking about? VaHermit asked the question in November. I seem to recall DDG having issues with Juno back then. But was it really necessary to dredge this crap back up just to find out?

Damn, and I thought I was good at wasting time here.

Furtermore, why the hell is this in Threadspotting??? Have the boards become so completely boring that a bullshit thread like… excuse me, that should be “horseshit” thread like this makes it to Threadspotting???

What. The. Fuck.

Hey look, that’s great that you have such a terrific recall, but I’m not the one that put this thing in Threadspotting, so don’t jump my shit if I’m curing some (of my own) boredom with non sequitors, okay?

Yes, I realize that DDG et al made every one of these statement last year, but, well, I don’t actually care.

I didn’t realize that this was in Threadspotting. Reading through this, I have no idea why anyone would recommend this thread. I figured you found this somewhere around page 50 of the Pit and decided to pester people about very minor issues from months ago. Anyways, I believe that DDG was, in fact, away from the boards for a while at the time, due to Juno sucking (I’m sure she’d appreciate me rubbing that fact in).

On another note, I suppose no one can complain about hijacking this thread, so I’ll go off on a little tangent here. Anyone know of a good online reference to interprocess communication in Unix?

the wife and i fight about horsecleaning all the time. its our #1 issue. id be grateful to any dopers who could recommend a reliable horsecleaner in the bay area. save my marriage, dopers, and refer me to a good horsecleaner!!

Well, dang, I’m disappointed. I came in here expecting Dr. P to be funny about horses and instead it’s this old thing.

Dr. Paprika, I summon thee! I command thee to entertain me, now that I have so graciously condescended to click on your thread, ancient though it may be! Come forth and give us freely of your inimitable wit concerning horses, and potty mouths, and poopy heads, and any other excreta-connected topics that your little heart desires.

Here’s Alphagene’s Housecleaning announcementthread from 11-23-2000. Now there’s a thread that belongs in Threadspotting, but blessed if I can remember what the hoohaw was all about. {Somebody called Alphagene a Communist?) “Context is all”, I guess.

Ah, yes, interprocess communication in Unix…

–what??

[sub]:: sucking and rubbing ::

stop that
i mean it[/sub]

Gypsy: “Hey guys, get this-they’re steam cleaning the horses!”

Joel Robinson: “Hey, allright, good one, Gyps!”

:smiley:

waterj2

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was a bit confused myself about the three month lapse until I figured out what was going on here and yes, IIRC, this was the first I had seen of DDG after a long absence.

Who’d a thunk this would make it to threadspotting? Sheesh.

How about this? And there’s the Socket programming FAQ also.

The best guide and reference to Unix IPC is W. Richard Stevens’s Unix Network Programming. It’s expensive, but worth every penny.

It’s or-EG-ano, by the way…

Yeah and those newscasters that insist on HAR-ass… grrrr I’ll show them harass…

~NR

I never really expected to see this thread again. It emerged out of the fog like the old girlfriend I pushed off the cliff all those years ago. This thread makes me feel cheaper than a used “Milli Vanilli” CD with a cracked case. It makes me feel dirtier than the bowl of Kraft Dinner an ex-college dormie of mine left under his bed for six months (This is the same guy who, when McDonalds started selling Big Macs for “2 for $2” would buy forty at a time and freeze them). And when one feels dirty, one needs cleaning. Dr_Paprika recommends a mixture of one part bleach to eight parts water for hard-to-clean floors. To clean horses, I would use a high-end vacuum cleaner like those cool Fantom things with the dual cyclone action. I’ve never really looked in Threadspotting before. If it is a list of “recommended” threads, I can suggest the names of compassionate and experienced counsellors who can beat some sense into the yahoo who put it there.

Now I feel cheap, and feel like I have cheated the public besides. Like when you force friends to go see “The People Under the Stairs” and it unaccountably turns out to be a bad movie, or you order the “Fokkin Chicken” at the local Chinese restaurant and there’s only one bird on the plate. (The “General Tao’s Children” I once enjoyed at a Montreal restaurant looked surprising similar to this). I feel like I need to entertain you. Alas, I also know I’m not really witty enough to do so, especially about excreta. Shit. I don’t know shit!

But someone did ask recently about German shyster videos. The South Park episode made it quite clear what they were talking about. I would be particularly concerned about German shit since one tells me they drink a lot of beer and eat little besides sausages. TGhis isn’t the wholesome bio-organic shit of the “Class Five” vegan who eats nothing which casts a shadow. This is heavy and dense feces that smells of blood and bratwurst; an offensive and puerile crap to dim the hopes of the most warped Dusseldorf pervert. Japanese shit would probably weigh half as much as the German stuff. Their breads certainly do.

I see a lot of horses wearing those muzzle bag things (and don’t think you’ll never wear a muzzle, I think I know how the minds of so-called fashion designers work after reading about Britney). Are they there because of dirty horses with potty-mouths who offend the rider with their petulant curses? Clearly the answer is yes. Using the same conditioning techniques found in major college psychology departments as well as “A Clockwork orange”, Dr. Paprika recommends that you scare your horse into talking clean by showing him/her that scene from the “Godfather” where Hollywood director dude wakes up in bed with the $600,000 head of Seabiscuit Senior, or Balthazar, or whatever the fuck that fucking fuckwit shit bastard steed was damn-well called.

yow! dr_paprika has gotten into the heavy medication! go doc, go!

I swear! All those pills were on the counter when I left the house this morning! :slight_smile: Man, I hate being stuck in the hospital when there’s nothing going on. :{

yes, but do you pocket mulch?

No, but I own an antiseptic tank.

You know, I once met a guy who grew up on a farm. One of his farm jobs was cleaning inside the foreskin of the horses’ penises with a long, narrow, hose attachment. He did quite the impression of a horse receiving this treatment. Sadly, I cannot do it justice in this, a nonauditory medium. You’ll have to trust me. It was damn funny.

Uhh…yah,this guy I know… rriiigggghht. With your screen name, you expect me to believe it wasn’t you? Come on, fess up. You really enjoyed that job, didn’t you?

later, Tom.

I have been informed that the horse in the Godfather was named Khartoum. Thought you’d want to know.