"Hostile work environment"

I just left a very nice job due to harassment, bullying and intimidation. I reported these to my supervisor, who is getting ready to retire after 20 years and said he “didn’t want to get involved unless absolutely necessary”. Luckily, I found another job immediately but it has been a very difficult transition for me. When I was at the previoius job, I had days so bad that one time I left for lunch, went home and cried, had suicidal ideation and ended up in the ER. I should have gone to HR instead of my supervisor, but I didn’t know that until I had my exit interview and the HR woman was shocked to hear my story. Lesson learned the hard way.

I wish I could have my job back but they re-structured so I am stuck with a very physically demanding job (different company) that so far is unbelievably stressful as opposed to the work that I was doing. My previous supervisor did know that I have bipolar disorder. I did not ask for special considerations, however I also did not expect to be harassed verbally on a daily basis.

If I wanted to take legal action, do I have a leg to stand on? It’s not so much about money, more about getting a certain employee out of there so this doesn’t happen to anyone else.

Yes, I quit and that was stupid, please don’t rag on me. I just want to hear your opinions on this situation.

beckwall, I’m sorry you’ve had a rough time – but we don’t allow people to use the Dope as a source of legal advice. Check with a lawyer local to you.

twickster, MPSIMS moderator