Hottest of the televison geek girls.

Exactly the question I was about to ask.

There’s more to hot than mere looks.

Enterprise had two hot women, and the Asian one is the “plain” one? Television is broken.

So then why even reference the looks? I dunno. It might just be me. I don’t get the point of the thread, then.

Shit I’m old. I don’t have any idea at all what any of the women on the OP list look like. Of all the others mentioned, Tina Fey, Kari Byron and Summer Glau are the only ones I can summon up a mental picture of.

I’ll go with Tina.

I was just giving Skald a hard time. :smiley:

Seriously?

This poll is about the hottest female characters that reside in the category “Nerd Character on a Television Show or Movie”. Why wouldn’t looks matter in such a thread?

I voted for Temperance, but I wish that I could have voted for Chloe as well.

I’ll be in my bunk.

Kaylee and Chloe get honorable mentions, but I had to put my vote for Fred from Angel. :wink:

I voted for Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O’Brian, because 24 is the only one of those shows I’ve ever seen.

I voted for Jewel Staite, then I saw she already has 24% of the votes and I think Tina Fey is pretty hot too, so let me ammend my choice by nominating Sybil Danning in that one movie where she shows her breasts.

If it’ll make you feel better, I’ll nominate some classic geeky hot babes from back in the day:

Eve Plumb / Jan Brady - At first, she was a glasses-wearing, brace-face, jealous middle child. But in the later years of the show, I’ll bet more than a few young lads knocked Marcia on her face (and broke her nose again in the process) to get at her.

And of course, there is the archetypal “geeky hot babe” - Jan Smithers / Bailey Quarters.

Yeah, but she was “college psychology-major” nerd, not “tech-gadget-loving sci-fi-watching” nerd.

And how about the uber geek (well, alien) girls from Star Trek, seven of nine and the Vulcan T’Pol from Enterprise?

Nitpick: Seven’s human.

The first name that came to me when I read the thread title: Dana Scully.

You never forget your first love…

A couple of others not yet mentioned who should be on the list:

Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter in Stargate: SG1 (really a crime that she’s not listed)

Zoe Saldana as Uhura in the new Star Trek movie - if Hoshi counts, so does Uhura

They’re both too disdainful.[sup]*[/sup] It quite detracts from a woman’s hotness when she looks at me like something she scraped off her shoe.[sup]+[/sup]

• I want to say that disqualifies them from being geeks, but I know geeks who have disdainfullness in spades. Maybe it’s a real-life/television thing, or a guy/gal thing.
  • Maybe that’s just me.

You forgot:
Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) from 30 Rock
Pam Beisley (Jena Fischer) from The Office
Kari Byron (self) from Mythbusters