HouDopers! Read today's paper? Merry Christmas.

Houston Chronicle- Girl freed from closet budding under adoptive parents’ care
:frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad: :frowning: :mad:

That’s just saddening. I’ve only heard about people not knowing what Christmas was through Christmas-time movies and I’ve usually regarded that with an “okay, I’ll play along, since it’s a Christmas special and all” smirk. Now, I know.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

But there’s a good side too:

Merry Christmas, you worse-than-Hitler piece of fucking shit shit shit fucktard. And your bitch-demon wife too. You get what you deserve.
Merry Christmas to you, little girl. You know who Santa is now.

Oooh. Don’t you think this should go in the Pit?
But I agree with everything you said.

Wow. What an amazing little girl. How she could live what approaches a normal life I’ll never understand.

I guess it should be in the Pit. To get some ahem, proper responses like the ones generated by the women who made me child think she had cancer.

Moderator’s note:

I’ll move this on over to The Pit for you.

Zap!

TVeblen,
for the SDMB

What. The. Fuck.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :frowning: :frowning:

That’s sickening.

Woah that is sickening, and to think that her adoptive parents tried to adopt her before and she was returned to her natuaral mother. :frowning: Im glad shes safe now.

Fucking assholes. People really should need a license to have a child.

What the fuck is wrong with people…

And what about the birth mother’s (and stepfather’s?) relatives-- they never bothered to ask where this girl was, says the article. I know zip about TX law but jeez, I’d like to see them have to answer for that.

Sadly, this is not exactly new:

Two links.

:frowning:

I’ll link another one too:

Fred Phelps

I did read that one. Words fail me.

Thank God she was rescued and is now recovering. Poor little girl.

I cannot fathom living in those conditions. It truly amazes me.

And people say there is nothing wrong with the Texas Departman of Health and Human services!!sarcastic

If they had come and gotten my siblings and I from our abusive home as children, perhaps we wouldn’t be the fucked up,cynical,depressed people we are today. But the Texas HHS dept has fucked up too many times for me to trust it. THis is just another sign of their incompetence and the idiocy of their employees.

IDBB

From the article:

“Although her older sister was allowed to take her out of the closet and bathe her once a month or so, she apparently had little other human contact, except for the alleged sexual abuse by her stepfather.”

There are no curse words in any known language that express just how inhuman that is.

What the hell is wrong with some people?

I read that too on Sunday. It made me sick and weepy. I hope those two receive a very special kind of welcome in the penitentiary.

Thank God that couple will never breed again.

Do we know where the other children are?

Please, people in authority, take a good hard look at people who put their children up for adoption and then want them back.

“The first time she walked on grass she thought it was biting her,” says Sabrina."
In Houston, this is likely to be literally true.*

*Fire ants.

They possess human genetic material, but it’s v. 1.0. No morals clause.

…and they’re so nice to publish these stories right before christmas.

I’m glad the kid is safe now, however.