I cites some legal stuff on swinging, including examples of ordinances, in this thread: Swingers Clubs Ruled Legal - Great Debates - Straight Dope Message Board
[QUOTE=FormerMarineGuy]
Wow, I started this one a while back. Was actually thinking about going!
[/QUOTE]
Sorry. I didn’t now there had already been a thread.
[QUOTE=F. U. Shakespeare]
. . .sngle males are (rightly) assumed to be more promiscuous than committed couples.
[/QUOTE]
I’m trying to parse how “committed” couples who go to swing clubs are somehow low on the promiscuity scale. . . .
[QUOTE=CookingWithGas]
I’m trying to parse how “committed” couples who go to swing clubs are somehow low on the promiscuity scale. . . .
[/QUOTE]
Maybe they have rules on who they can mess with and who they can’t. We (wife and I) were curious to go just to watch. We both can not take the thought of the other being with someone else.
[QUOTE=FormerMarineGuy]
Maybe they have rules on who they can mess with and who they can’t. We (wife and I) were curious to go just to watch. We both can not take the thought of the other being with someone else.
[/QUOTE]
How was it? Was it a turn-on or just weird? Did you want to laugh? 'Cause I think I would get the giggles.
Probably not a General Question as we know it around here.
Moved to MPSIMS.
samclem
[QUOTE=Lumpy]
How do such clubs avoid running afoul of the laws against “disorderly houses”, “public lewdness”, health and safety, etc., etc. that virtually all large municipalities have? Big bribes? Claiming that actual sex on premises isn’t (supposed to be) permitted? Police deciding it’s not a priority so long as there are no complaints?
[/QUOTE]
Actually, in Canada, swingers’ clubs have been ruled legal by the Supreme Court. The bawdy house laws prohibit premises that are used for “acts of indecency,” which the court held not to include sex between (or among) consenting adults behind locked doors.
Google “Red Rooster”. It is a swinger’s club in Las Vegas and has a nice FAQ section, plus pictures of the property. It is rather typical of the clubs I have seen. BYOB, couples only upstairs, no means no, etc.
[QUOTE=Renee]
How was it? Was it a turn-on or just weird? Did you want to laugh? 'Cause I think I would get the giggles.
[/QUOTE]
We have not gone yet. We want to go just to go. I am sure there is some funny stuff there, but it is like watching a porno. That is how we look at the possibility of going, like sitting there watching a porno, but no actors and no faking.
[QUOTE=FormerMarineGuy]
We have not gone yet. We want to go just to go. I am sure there is some funny stuff there, but it is like watching a porno. That is how we look at the possibility of going, like sitting there watching a porno, but no actors and no faking.
[/QUOTE]
And judging from those pictures at the Rooster’s website, not nearly as attractive, either.