How can I block this unwanted Skype message from Bing?

On occasion, I get spam-type messages on my Skype channel. There is generally a “block this user” option, which I use.

But I just got this unwanted message from Bing:

Hey, this is Bing! How can I help you today? (smileeyes)

Ask me any type of question, like finding vegan restaurants in Cambridge, itinerary for your trip to Europe or drafting a story for curious kids. In groups, remember to mention me with @Bing.

I’m an AI preview, so I’m still learning. Sometimes I might say something weird. Don’t get mad at me, I’m just trying to get better!

If you want to start over, type newtopic. And if you want to give me feedback, just report a concern. (openhands)

Frankly, I am uninterested, and “block this user” is all I want to do. But that does not seem to be an option here. Can a more technologically person walk me through the steps that amount to “GO AWAY”?

Does the information in this link help you?

How to delete/disable Bing chatbot in Skype? - Microsoft Community

The latest version of Skype includes a very intrusive Bing chatbot. How can I get rid of it or disable it.

It did help! While the precise advice didn’t apply, it was close enough to help me figure it out. Thank you.

I’m glad you found an answer.

But do I assume correctly that just diabling Skype wouldn’t be acceptable? Because IMHO, that is the correct answer.

Do you mean “disabling” Skype? I use it constantly, so wouldn’t want to do that.

Ok, just clarifying. If you’re using it, obviously disabling it is not a desired approach.

But a lot of folks “run” Skype with zero intention of actually using it, since it’s pre-installed in Windows and set to start at system startup. For those folks, preventing Skype from auto starting is probably the best response to all of Skype’s annoyances.

Not to turn this into an anti-Microsoft party or anything (I’ve generally had good experiences with their products), but I am seeing Bing (and Bing Chat) being pushed more and more in different places and promoted more aggressively; I just had to switch away from the Microsoft Launcher for Android because it wouldn’t stop nagging me about Bing (it was literally giving me popups any time I used the keyboard), and this morning the Bing Copilot beta icon appeared, completely unbidden on my Win11 taskbar and announced itself with a little tooltip popup thing.

I completely understand their reasons for wanting to promote it, but I expect we’re going to see a bit more of this in the near future.