How can I keep a pizza warm for a one hour drive

I’ve never been able to keep the cheese from sliding off the crust in the toaster.

The posters advising on re-heating it in a hot, nonstick skillet have it right. It crisps up the bottom of the crust nicely. I just lay a sheet of foil over the top of the skillet to keep the heat in and thus re-melt the cheese, and it works well.

Maybe he means one of those toasters they use in France.

I have a toaster oven. Sorry, I should have specified. I’ve seen people put their slot toaster on its side when making cheese bread though, might work for pizza.

In case it’s not obvious, also specify uncut.

Sorry. I guessed that was what you meant, but just took the opportunity to make a joke.

Well I didn’t know it was a joke and I’d still like to know how the toasters in France work.

Most places will sell you a half baked pizza. Put it in a hot (450-500) degree oven when you get there and keep an eye on it. It would be best if you had a pizza stone or Mexican paver tiles to put it on, otherwise use a cookie sheet.

An engineer friend of mine tried to bake 2 cookies in his toaster. He’d seen commercials where they showed cookies baking in the oven in fast-motion, and having never baked cookies himself, didn’t realize that they melt. He got a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough, sliced it, and stuck 2 slices in the toaster. Hilarity ensued.

Drive faster.

could try something like this, it has a warming mode:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chest-26L-Excursions-More-Mini-Backyard-Thermoelectric-Camping-28Qt-BBQ-Electric-Refrigerator-Ice-Fishing-Hunting-Camping-Hiking-Cooler-Car-Zeny-AC-DC/824757641

“Man, these toppings are Awful…!”

They are, however, nice and dry.

Seriously? You’re going to get that personal wrt the pizza maker?!

No tip for you!

:rofl:

Find a long distance trucker to ask-they pull that off all the time. Lot of wisdom and experience problem-solving driving around in semi cabs.

There was a pizza place near me that had a $2 discount for buying uncooked pizzas. I never understood why…they’ve already got the oven. But I didn’t live far away and the results were great when I baked it myself so hells yeah. The pizza was better, maybe, in that you could also doctor it more and pull it out when you thought it was perfect.

They didn’t cut it either…in that unbaked state, maybe they couldn’t. That gave some freedom—when I was growing up, we used to cut it into (mostly) squares.

Some crave a piece that’s mostly crunchy crust…others not so much. Perhaps the pizzeria was accomodating that.

Is there any food better than pizza?

No. No there isn’t.

I like this method.

I feel pretty strongly that square cut for thin crust is king. There’s always room for one more square.