Or to a single dog household?
In a thread that I won’t bother linking to (it’s a gong show), it came up that a poster was unable to take in another cat is their home already had 3.
Currently, I’m going to be adopting a cat from my girlfriend who’s unable to keep him - he’s going to be living with myself and my dog who he’s met and gets along with reasonably well.
I don’t foresee major problems other than my cat alergy, asthma, and inability to take anti-histamines.
So, ignoring the wisdom of me taking in this cat, how difficult is it, really? If you already have an animal friendly household, how difficult is it to add one more animal? If you have 3 cats, how hard is it to add another to the mix?
I don’t predict that my question will get answered in that other thread, so I’m reasking it here.
What are your opinions? Additionally, any things that I can do to make my own kitty addition smooth? His current mummy says that he’s not fussy about his litter box, so he should happily share Voltaire’s (my dog). Additionally, I guess he’s a good eater and fairly well adjusted as far as cats go.
Also, keep a squirt bottle filled with water handy at all times. That’s a harmless way of explaining to the kitty that he’s doing something wrong.