How do you heat spaghetti without a microwave?

I have a tupperware thing full of cold spaghetti and meatsauce, but I am currently microwaveless. How can I heat it up without drying the pasta and/or overcooking the meat?

If you have a steamer you could steam it. This will keep it moist.

Put it in a pan with a some water. not too much, not too little. Just heat it up or medium (you might have to adjust now and then), stirring frequently, until hot. The water will get absorbed or evaporate.

1- On top of the stove in a saucepan with a loosely fitted lid over low heat. Add a small amount of liquid (stock, tomato sauce, wine) and stir occasionally.

2- In the oven in a tightly covered container at about 300 F. Add a small amount of liquid (see above.) Should take about 15 minutes for a single portion.

3- In a large sautee pan on top of the stove over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of liquid and stir or toss frequently.

I always used a small amount of 1/2 water, 1/2 milk – rather than just water. You end up with something akin to spaghetti-o’s, but tastier.

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll go with the saucepan idea.

Mmmmmmm…spaghetti.

OMG! What did we do before microwaves AND the Internet?? We would be eating cold spaghetti :frowning:

:smiley: [sup]In a pinch, use a hair drier. Just use more liquid. And it’ll take longer.[/sup]

Too bad you already have sauce on the spaghetti because the simpliest method, and to my mind the best, for heating up spaghetti is the one most restaurants use. You didn’t think, did you, that restaurants cooked up a batch of sphaghetti everytime some one ordered it, did you? Simply heat a pot of boiling water, put the spaghetti in a collander in the sink, and slowly poor the boiling water over the spaghetti. It heats it up very nicely and does not appreciably cook it any further. Of course, this does not work if you already have a sauce on the sphaghetti.