How do you like your corn?

Yes!

Popcorn is just a vehicle for butter and seasonings. Sort of like white bread is for peanut butter and mayo.

The BEST corn I have ever had is fixed in a smoker and slathered in butter. But honestly… I love corn in pretty much any form. I make a corn pudding that is to die for. And popcorn… mmmm.

I eat popcorn at least 3 times a week. It’s one of the few foods I really crave. I don’t put anything on it but salt, so I don’t fall into the “only a vehicle for seasonings” camp. I can’t for the life of me explain why I like it, but I really, really do.

Corn chowder eaten with Fritos Scoops.

I have to avoid fresh popcorn–It’s one of the few foods I cannot stop eating until I am ill.

I voted for corn on the cobb, but I’m also very fond of cornbread (properly prepared – no or very little sugar – and I also like one you forgot: grits.

For pure corn this is my favorite as well. Although I rarely grill but it is always drowned in butter and black pepper.

For corn food stuff I’ll have to go with cornbread. Warm buttered cornbread sitting next to a pile of ranch style beans so that it soaks up a bit of bean juice is a beautiful thing.

I buy Green Giant frozen corn with butter sauce, then microwave it. I also like buttered popcorn and corn on the cob.

When my son was little, we were visiting my in-laws. My MIL gave him a corncob from her garden to husk. Wow! That’s where corn comes from.

Me, too. I can, and have, eaten a dozen ears all by myself in a day. With a teeny bit of garlic salt, or chili powder, too.

Polenta!
Polenta with gorgonzola and roasted red peppers
Polenta fried with anchovies and garlic
Polenta with eggplant ragout
Polenta with parmesan and braised greens . . .

Fermented, distilled, and aged in charred new oak barrels for at least six years!

All options except frozen corn.

on the cob, butter, salt and pepper.

Why can we only vote for one? Since I had to choose I voted for “on the cob” but I’ll elaborate a bit more. Picked that morning from a local source of sweet corn, in the husk, soaked for about an hour, tossed on the grill and when it smells like corn it is done. Peel back the husk, butter generously and salt and pepper to taste.

Option number two is in the husk from a stand at the fair or local festival, also grilled and dipped in butter then salt and pepper. Nothing better than the butter running down your chin while you enjoy the corn goodness while enjoying the festive atmosphere.