How exactly does one give themself a break?

Why is it that when my boyfriend is out of town, I’m super anxious like I don’t know what to do with myself, especially if I don’t have any plans, yet when he is in town and we have stuff to do, I deperately wish I didn’t have anything going on?

I think I have a hard time giving myself a break, and when I do get a break, I feel guilty for having a break, so I never get the full benefit of the break, and when I don’t have a break, I feel like I can never get a break.

…sigh… :frowning:

Hold Kit Kat bar in left hand. Peel back wrapping with right hand. Snap the chocolate-wafer goodness in half.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Perfect time to catch up on your housework! How’s the shower stall looking? I always put that one off. And you probably haven’t cleaned your stove in a while - I know I haven’t.

I have loads of stuff I could do, but I wish I could not do something and feel like that’s OK, too.

This is how I get past that whole vicious cycle: I pick one or two chores that really need done that you don’t do every day, such as clean the stove or the bathroom (thanks for reminding me, manduck :wink: ), and do them. Then I sit down and enjoy myself for a few hours - I’ll read, surf, play some HOMM on my PC or do some of my crafts. Then, I’ll get up and do another one of those chores, which, in turn, earns me another break of a few hours.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Doing those chore makes me feel productive, and erases the “guilt” that I would feel for just sitting around and relaxing.
I also buy myself some of my favorite dark chocolate and choice of tasty beverages to have on hand as a special bonus while I’m doing both the chores and relaxing.

Oh, and don’t pick a chore that’s overly tiring or takes more than an hour or two. We must have balance, y’know.