How far do you live from where you were born?

1,214.16 miles as the Google navigates.

5,461 miles from where I was born (Innsbruck, Austria).
I live 2,173 miles from where I grew up. (near Pittsburgh, PA, USA)

959.4 miles according to Yahoo maps. Jacksonville, FL to Morris County, NJ.

When I attended my 20 year HS reunion, I was one of maybe 5 people who either did not still live in Jax or at least in FL. It was strange.

VCNJ~

396 miles.

My dad, however, lives in the house in which he was born. And in which his father was born. I believe his grandfather built the house, or possibly great-grandfather. You can feel the cabin logs under the walls, it’s pretty cool.

I’m not sure how fast the 10-minute bike riders are riding, but I’m 0.8 miles from the hospital where I, and decades later my son, was born.

A whopping 2 miles from my childhood home, but the 0.8 to the hospital is even better. :slight_smile:

3535.92 miles, according to Google Earth. Of course, where I was born is kind of a foggy blur on that map, so my starting point is vague. I was able to click on the building I’m sitting in for the end point, though.

As I said in a previous post, I live 720 metres from the hospital where I was born. I measured the distance using my pedometer.

About 640 miles, per Google and using only ZIP codes

2300+ miles.

299.37 (5 hours, 11 minutes, according to MapQuest) from my current address in Kansas City, MO, to the hospital in Greensburg, KS. I’m not sure if it’s the same hospital, though, just the most current hospital address I could find in Greensburg.

2214.18, using the hospital’s address.

From eastern KY to a few mile west of Los Angeles.

2,285 miles

Webster, WI to the desert in California. 1495 mi., crowwise.

Depending on where I am (I use three addresses at different times), I am anywhere from a couple to ten miles away from the hospital I was born in.

I live about 8 blocks from the hospital where I was born. Lame.

3.2 miles.

As an aside, when I was eight years old and broke my arm, they put me in the same room I had been born in. (Seems it had changed from Obstetrics to Pediatrics in the meantime.)

They hadn’t done much with the place. The walls needed painting, still had the fingernail scratches on the headboard…

How far from where I was born do I live? 17.5 miles. It was the nearest protestant hospital!

How far from where I was conceived do I live? A few feet.

:smiley:

I live 18.7 miles from the site of the hospital where I was born.

I am only 42 miles from the hospital in the Bronx where I was born. (as the Swallow flies of course).

58.6 by car.

Jim