How far do you live from where you were born?

Doh!

slinks away in frustration

Google Maps says “13.5 miles (about 24 minutes)”. Born on the south side of the city; currently reside on the north side.

About 2300 miles.

Now that I went through Yahoo maps, I see that my guess was very close! 155.4 miles

47.5 miles by road. 37.4 as the crow flies.

About 2,800 miles.

I currently live 10.8 miles by road from the hospital (since torn down) where I was born.

Not only is the hospital where I was born (on and army base no less) torn down, but the house where I lived until I was in junior high school, both grandparents’ houses, the first church I went to as a kid were also torn down before I was a parent. It’s like they’re trying to tell me something like, “Sorry you’re here.”

Gives an additional meaning to “You can’t go home again.”

About 20,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles, give or take a mile or two.

As of today (Wednesday) - 17.4 miles.

After Sunday, 377.5 miles.

The street where the hospital I was born in used to be can only be seen now as a faint line from over head (sat, airplane, superman, whatever…), as that entire former area of the town sank back into the swamp some 20 - 30 odd years ago. Seriously.

I think I did come in in the top 5 or 10, last time we had this thread. We had a couple of people from Europe move to Australia or NZ, or vice versa. But I am almost the maximum distance you can get around the globe. I didn’t even move very far north or south, according to Google Punjab, India is around 30.4 N latitude and 75.5E Longitude, and NY is 40 N latitude, and 71 E longitude. Dear Og, I hope I got that right.

I think I was fairly high up in the stats, too, last time around. I come in at 8,692 miles or 13,988 kilometers.

Yeah, I was born on the other side of the world.

1930 miles. Santa Anna to St.Paul.

2.09 miles.

http://gmap-pedometer.com is handy for this, and other stuff.

19.7 miles according to Google maps.

2700.68 miles according to Mapquest. (Silver Spring, MD -> San Diego, CA)

Outside of the town I grew up in in Maryland (not Silver Spring), I’ve only met one other person who’s ever lived there. I was pretty amazed–she was working at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and I met her when she was giving a presentation about the school at my high school here in San Diego. She mentioned that she grew up on a small town on the East Coast and I managed to weasel out that she was from my town, and she told me the town had just got a ZIP code a couple years ago. But looking at Mapquest, it looks like either (a) they haven’t yet or (b) Mapquest doesn’t recognize it yet.

21 miles. The closest I have lived to that hospital was maybe 4 miles; the furthest was 1040.

My kids were both born in that hospital, too.

20 miles for me.

I wish my neighbor was a Doper. She lives in the house where she was born, and she’s 70. I think she’d win.

45.2 miles from the hospital where I was born to the house I live in now.