How far do you think you could travel naked?

All the way to Salt Lake City.

I’m picturing a car with an aftermarket biodiesel conversion. A big tank in the back seat. They were meant to hold massive amounts of used fry oil for biodiesel. You want to fill them up only once a month or so. Used fry oil is a bitch to collect and filter, so you don’t want to have to do it bi-weekly. Running it on regular diesel would be possible, and with a hundred gallons at a time you could drive all day and only fill up at pay-at-the-pump places overnight.

Enjoy,
Steven

Using a car is almost cheating. I think I could go as far naked as I could clothed.

Well, I could make it to my car, then just go gas station to gas station, filling up with my credit card at the pump.

I’d theoretically, if lucky and careful, be able to go anywhere in the contiguous US.

Joe

ETA : Forgot about food. I could bring a few days worth of food from my house that doesn’t need cooking. Then, I’d be screwed.

Actually, there is someone who has walked the length of the UK naked - though not without the odd interruption in jail.

This question is inherently skewed towards males…as a female with breasts, I would be inherently at a disadvantage, because even if I were driving, my nudity would be obvious to anyone who bothered to glance over at me. Which would lead to attention, from sources that would at least harass and at most arrest me.

On foot? Jesus. In my neighborhood, unless/even if I was adept at sneaking through peoples’ backyards and behind shrubbery, I would guess I’d get–at most–a mile away from my apartment before somebody would notice/harass/impede/call the cops, etc. Even and supposing my neighbors’ intentions are helpful–naked woman seen fleeing!–they would stop me in my tracks.

If I were a guy, I’d like to think I could get as far as a full tank of gas would take me…which in my car, is around 350-400 miles…until I even raised any eyebrows.

Damn these mammary glands.

If we’re counting how good I look naked as a resource, pretty damned far; so long as I’m willing to entertain some leeway in my morals. Lots of lonely truck drivers out there.

I’ve never seen a more appropriate time to re-introduce an old term that has fallen into disuse*:

Around the world
*It doesn’t even :gasp: seem to have a Wikipedia entry!

I can reach the gas cap from the back seat window, and the credit card slider and hose from the same. Since I’m male, and have tinted windows on the vehicle I could probably re-fuel without exposing anything too naughty.

Hmm, on foot I might actually be better off than if I was in a car, since I’d have an easier time keeping people from seeing me. If I managed to sneak across neighbor’s yards and hide in bushes appropriately, I could make it to the woods which are just a block away from my house. From there, I could follow ski trails that go all across the state and which frequently back up to cabins that are empty for most of the year.

Of course, I’d have to do this during summer or I probably wouldn’t even make it out of my own yard.

I couldn’t make it out my front door. And now I’m going to have that nightmare again, where I’m naked and trying to get home without being seen. :smack: Thanks!

[Kevin Kline]
Disappointed!
[/Kevin Kline]

:slight_smile:

If you were the passenger in a limo or private bus, is there any great likelihood that you’d be refused entry into many countries if you simply rolled down the window and handed your passport to the border guard wearing nothing but a smile?

It would depend on the country, I guess. I’ve crossed a few borders on chartered buses–in some cases an official boarded the bus and looked at us. I suppose there are many places where an important-looking limo could get through, no questions asked, especially with a nice little bribe.

Ya’ll are all thinking in the hypothetical.

My own emperical evidence has shown that I can travel naked from the room to the beach, to the pool, to the bar, and back to the room. Repeatedly. For up to ten days in a row.

Of course, the more trips I make to the bar, the less often I stray from the beach. I think the sand gravity has a stronger pull when you have some alcohol in your bloodstream or something.

Why do you all assume that your travels would be over the instant someone sees you? I think in Europe it would be possible to walk around naked if you have some explanation in case someone objects.
I just checked the german wikipedia and it seems you might get fined for that. Of course the FKK culture was very big here and still exists.
Scandivanian countries and Spain apparently allow public nudity implicitly or even explicitly.

This is of course helped that the Schengen treaty ended routine border controls between member states, so you have a chance to cross. It would be interesting to see whether you can pass the control if they see you, would be a good opportunity for a bet…

Yeah, but the OP asks how far we’d get right now, and most of us would be starting in the US, where public nudity isn’t just amusing, it’s a crime against God, nature, the law, and “won’t anyone think of the children!?!”

The entire length of my apartment!

Trucker bombs: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7912464/