How frequently do people wear MAGA hats in public?

No, it’s just extremely dumb and stupid and requires a knowledge of NCAA football and is some sort of anti-Biden meme for morons.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you! :wink:

It’s worse than you thought, the link to the site reads as follows here:

Our European visitors are important to us.

This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.

We are not available for you to protect you from our data grabbing foolishness or something. Well, never mind. I know what I have to look for and which context is meant.
And I will, even if costs me my sanity. :crazy_face:
That means thank you :grinning:

ETA: OK, it really is silly and childish. At least I surviv… arrghhh!

“The LGB Community”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/blogs/tim-blair/the-lgb-community/news-story/81e14a98c1f57a7574433471f1a9bf94

Some big Trump flags in the back of pickups (it made the last day of our high school year interesting when they came to pick up their kids-on the other hand one of those kids often came to school dressed as a Confederate soldier and acted as one in reenactments-I’m in PA). Also Trump hats.

Paywalled for me. Can you supply a summary?

The important bits:

Another Presidential slogan is currently being heard across the US and even beyond. It began at college football games in the south, where mostly young fans a few weeks ago began chanting “F… Joe Biden”.
[…]
On October 9, racing driver Brandon Brown was being interviewed by NBC sports at an Alabama racetrack following his breakthrough win in a NASCAR event.

When the crowd launched into an FJB chant audible to home viewers, reporter Kelli Stavast insisted they weren’t using the words everybody could clearly hear.

“You can hear the chants,” Stavast said. “‘Let’s go Brandon’.”

This phase now serves as a perfectly acceptable G-rated substitute for FJB. People wear it on t-shirts.

Given the dubiousness of both the article (which is not even trying to hide its pro-Trump bias) and the publication (a newspaper whose Wikipedia article can only cover scandals and lawsuits), I was going to say to take this with a grain of salt. The article itself only cited a single source.

But a quick check on Google for the phrase “Let’s Go Brandon” has tons upon tons of hits about this phenomenon from several outlets, and even cites a Congressperson wearing it. There was even a “rap song” using the lyrics.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/10/26/lets-go-brandon-mask-house-floor-sc-rep-jeff-duncan-haberman-biden-newday-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

It’s very 4chan, and it’s very weird seeing such stuff out in the real world.

Heaven forbid we have a lack of decorum. I’ve read that Maggie Haberman’s somewhat disliked for a perceived lack of criticism towards the Big T. Am I wrong in that perception of her?

FWIW, I’ve heard her called MAGA Haberman more than a few times.

What are you taking with a grain of salt? The FJB or the Brandon part? Because it’s on video you can hear for yourself. Around the 4 minute mark:

Just had a MAGA family come in. MAGA hat for the dad, MAGA masks for the kiddies. Wife (I assume) wearing a blue lives matter shirt (the one with the black and white flag but with a blue line replacing one of the white ones), matching the “Traitor Joe’s” shirt with a picture of the White House for the husband.

Their dog was cute though.

For hopefully obvious reasons, I would like to request that you don’t use that particular way to refer to Drumpf. I really thought you were talking about me for a half-second.

I would ask that you reread the part of my post that I highlighted and bolded above, so we’re on the same page. I’m not taking anything with a grain of salt.

But what I would have been suspicious of was the idea that “Let’s Go Brandon” was actually catching on—that is, until I checked other sources to see it was in fact true. It seems more like the sort of thing that might make the rounds on 4chan, but not something that, say, an actual Congressperson would play into.

But that’s the world we live in now, apparently. The Republican party acts like 4chan.

I do see them occasionally, and the last time I saw one was a couple weeks ago, at the grocery store. I was redeeming my cans because I wanted to, and he was because he HAD to. How did I know? I recognized him from pre-COVID days when my church served once a month at the soup kitchen, and I’m pretty sure he drove (and probably lived in) the vintage Winnebago that had one window decorated with a picture of Obama framed in a toilet seat. This man’s MAGA hats were homemade, and the t-shirt he was wearing was too; it said “NATURAL IMMUNITY”, probably drawn on with a Sharpie.

This “Brandon” thing has just cropped up in the past few days. I’d hate to be named that if I was a man, or Karen for that matter.

I’m related to one; she does hate that her name has become an insult.

Wow, I have NOT gotten out of town like I did pre-pandemonium. I used to go on road trips through the countryside, seeing if my little two-seater could still handle rural corners.

But biking/walking around my True Blue City, I have never even seen a MAGA hat. I feel too sheltered…

I’m sure there’s a manager she could to talk to about it…

From the article:

But then something magical happened. On October 9, racing driver Brandon Brown was being interviewed by NBC sports at an Alabama racetrack following his breakthrough win in a NASCAR event.

When the crowd launched into an FJB chant audible to home viewers, reporter Kelli Stavast insisted they weren’t using the words everybody could clearly hear.

The clip:

The rap song:

Looks like there’s a new one:

Sample tiktok videos:

Reactions from the Palmer Report:

Winning!?

Nice summary!

Then I hope you’ll forgive me MY lack of decorum. :crying_cat_face:

They are not as ubiquitous as they were last year, but you do see them. What I do see every freakin day is the big flags in the bed of big pickup trucks.