How has the disgraced former President Trump pissed you off today?

That’s twice impeached, defeated ex-president.

He’s all about the racism, now:

:thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes:

That actually could work out in our favor, if it makes all the white trumpies get mad enough to go out and get jabbed just to own the libs. I can think of a few who are stupid enough to do such a thing.

How many nightmares can we live in simultaneously?

By the end of the evening, Trump was having trouble pretending that he wasn’t actively running for president. He previewed his lines of attack on Biden over Afghanistan, immigration, and inflation; recited a litany of policy changes that a Republican-controlled Congress would be able to make; and promised that “in 2024, we are going to take back the White House.” Sam and Dave’s “Hold on I’m Coming” played as he exited, and the song sounded like a promise.

Trump has had a remarkable 14 months. Most losing presidential candidates are forced into quiet retirement by their parties. Trump has bucked the trend, only tightening his grip on the GOP in the wake of his defeat. He has convinced Republican candidates all over the country—including those on stage tonight—to repeat his election lies, and convinced his rank-and-file supporters to treat those falsehoods as holy writ. By this point, those lies have been circulating for what feels like forever. But at tonight’s rally, as Trump’s fans called for the arrests of poll workers and the reinstatement of the rightful president, I got the sense that this might be just the beginning.

Just what I was thinking. ‘Hey White People! You can’t have vaccinations! You’re not allowed to have vaccinations! Nyah, nyah, nyah! What’re ya gonna do about it!’

“Now”?

Maybe I’ll start spreading the rumor that I had to show my Democrat voter registration card before I was allowed to get jabbed. I don’t mind laying if it will help get this shit over.

Poorly phrased; mea culpa.

He’s about nothing except the racism, now.

No, spreading the rumor should be enough.

LOL, oopsie!

Needs “Whitey” at the end. :smiley:

Yes, always (as Snowboarder_Bo said in another post).

Probably all of us remember being surprised that there were any people cheering at Trump’s 16 June 2015 escalator-ride announcement of his presidential campaign. And many of us remember the subsequent news reports that those people had been hired to cheer and supplied with signs and t-shirts.

Trump was always a racist but his racism was never the central aspect of his public image…until that day. When he said

…he crossed over into a new existence, in which he’d no longer have to pay people to cheer—because the half of white people who had been freaking out for seven years due to Obama (a BLACK president!!!1!!!) were hungering and thirsting for open racism in a candidate.

And Trump delivered.

(If Obama had never been president, would Trump have had a chance of election?)

The quote is found here:

(That article hasn’t aged well, but it does illustrate how our perceptions have changed over the years.)

Perhaps you misunderstood my meaning. Trump has always been a racist, and that was known (or should have been known) long before he declared for the presidency in mid 2015.

His stance on the Central Park 5, to execute them even after they’d been exonerated, should have clued people in. But even if that didn’t do it, Trump flogged Jerome Corsi’s birtherism bullshit for years before entering the presidential race on the basis of exactly nothing but racism.

He’s a racist piece of shit and he’s always been a racist piece of shit, right out in the open. It should have disqualified him. The real horror show is, it didn’t.

You may have missed this portion of that rather-lengthy post. (bolding added)

I guess what I’m saying is, I think it really was quite central to his persona and his character, even before he made his statement about Mexican people. I think people simply chose to overlook it.

My jaw was on the ground and stayed there throughout his birtherism period. No one seemed to care, and to me, it was like a screaming siren.

Add “outside ~300 miles of NYC” and I’ll agree with you. That’s where you start running into people who had trouble believing he’s as bad as others were saying.

To be fair, that’s most of the country, obviously. But I’ve lived on the West Coast most of my life, and I knew about it, along with his ties to Russia, long before he entered the race. It wasn’t that much out of sight.

So, I come out of a 16-hour shift in the ER this morning, we’re full of covid, and everyone that’s trying to die in unvaccinated, of course. Everyone, that is, except the transgender teenager who tried to kill themselves and now is stuck in limbo while we search for a psych facility that can help them. The hospital is full, and many nurses are out, so we’re holding admitted patients in the ER, which means ER pts are being seen in the hallways and waiting rooms by staff that are covering more pts than the law is supposed to allow. I had back-to-back pregnant bleeders this morning, the one that’s actively losing her baby I can put in a room, the one that’s terrified it’s happening to her again just has to sit for 3 hours.

And it really pisses me off to see Loser Trump getting jerked off by a crowd for race baiting lies that weaponize covid. You fucking piece of shit.

Those within the specified radius presumably have been quite familiar with his history of discrimination. Further afield, such things are easy to miss and you get stuff like an endorsement a predominately Black weekly paper, which really should have known better.

Where are you located, please?

I have no plans to go to any hospital anywhere, but it would be helpful to know where this is happening.

It’s working and I’m so proud!

The Fat Orange Baboon has managed to get hub’s totally anti-vax friend mad enough to want to get his first jab to spite us libs.

Of course I told hub’s bff about the no vax for whites thing right after he called MLK’s birthday National verybadword Day and then I walked outside to smoke weed. I could hear raised words while hubs looked it up on the internet and then even more raised words about the injustice when they found the evidence.

Sometimes small pleasures mean a lot.